Chapter 85

*Grace's P.O.V*

"That behavior in there was not appropriate by any measure, young lady. You set a terrible example for Jazmin and I expected better from you," Mommy starts her lecture and I shrink back, knowing she was right but hating the scolding she was giving me.

"Sowwy," I lisp around my pacifier, not wanting to look her in the eyes but knowing I should just to avoid further trouble.

"Are you?" Mommy asks with an arched eyebrow and I nod, holding Bun Bun so tightly that I'm afraid that she'll break in half.

"Matias, she told you to shut up. I think it's only fair that you determine the consequences for her actions," Mommy says, making me look at Daddy with pleading eyes.

"I think a timeout when we get home will suffice, it's not like she did anything that terrible. She said shut up as her emotions overwhelmed her and I think a timeout to think about why she shouldn't speak that way will suffice," Daddy says, making me sniffle. I didn't want a timeout but knew that I was lucky to not be in bigger trouble.

I let out a cry when Mommy tries to shut the car door, making her pause. She raises an eyebrow as I reach for her, fighting against the straps of my car seat.

"What's wrong?" Mommy asks, checking on the straps to make sure they fit correctly. I whine, not willing to speak on what I want and trying desperately to undo the straps.

"She wants you Fami," Daddy says and I see Mommy move to help me remove the straps as I start crying. Gently pushing my hands away, mommy unbuckles me and startles as I bolt out of my seat and into her arms, clinging to her. She stumbles back slightly but catches me in her arms, nethertheless.

"What's wrong, baby girl? This is quite the reaction for daddy giving you a simple timeout." Mommy says as she fights to get a hold of me as I squirm in her arms to get as close as possible to her. It's not until I'm fully pressed tightly against her that I settle down some and mommy can finally hold me securely. Rocking me gently, mommy starts doing circles around Sissy's yard until my crying turns to sniffles.

"Are you ready to tell me what's wrong yet, Grace?" Mommy asks and all I can do is shake my head at her, unable to think of any words right now. Mommy just seems to accept my answer and continue her circle for a while until making her way back to the car.

Putting me back down into my seat, I immediately start crying again and cling desperately to mommy so she can't let go of me. We fight like that for a while, Mommy trying desperately to get free and get me buckled in but I won't let her. Eventually she grabs my chin and makes me look at her very angry expression but her words seem to get stuck in her throat after she stares into my eyes. I also stop crying and resisting as I meet her gaze and things get kind of hazy after that...

*Fami's P.O.V*

Staring into Grace's eyes, about to threaten a spanking here and now after dealing with this sudden tantrum, I finally realize what is going on.

"Matias, drive us home, please. Slowly, we can't afford to be pulled over right now." I tell my husband. Very carefully, I somehow squeeze my way past Grace, pausing too many times because my baby decided she can't wait and grabbed a hold of me, preventing me from moving. Sitting next to her, I transfer Grace from her seat to my lap. Deciding it's way too cramped in here, I decide to get rid of Jazmin's seat for now.

"Actually, a little help first. Can you remove Jazmin's seat and put it in the trunk for now? I really need more room back here, love." I ask of a smirking Matias. Starting the car first, he gets out and removes the booster seat for me. I immediately move Grace so we can both get comfortably spread out across the back seat but still snuggling of course. Coming back, Matias leans over Grace to give me a kiss.

"Care to explain what is going on?" Matias asks as he kisses Grace's cheek, making her smile. That question makes me think of something and I inwardly swear from what is going to have to happen next.

"I will try to explain but first I need to change Grace and I need you to just stand guard, I guess... you can't be in the car, matias... or look..." I tell him, not sure why I am being so cryptic right now, as he stares at me like a deer in headlights.

"She needs a diaper, Matias. I'm changing her into a diaper and you obviously don't want to see your naked adult daughter so turn around!" I tell him, making him snap out of it and turn out, blushing slightly.

"This probably won't be a quiet change either because I will have to put her down so this is your warning. I will try to change her as quickly as possible though." I tell him, scooting out and laying Grace down. Of course she starts bawling as I release her but there isn't anything I can do about it right now. The sound of her crying like that still breaks my heart though.

Deciding I can't talk over Grace's crying, I concentrate on getting her out of the pullup and into her diaper as quick and efficiently as possible, over also having a conversation with Matias on why this is happening while I do it. Finished and picking my baby up again, I can't help but kiss her tears away as the crying stops.

"I know, baby. That was so rough, huh? Mama was so mean putting you down like that and changing you into proper protection. I bet you can just never forgive me for doing such a mean thing like that, huh? Is mama such a meanie? I bet she is! I bet she is!" I tell my Gracie, rubbing our noses together. My only response is nonsensical gibberish but that's to be expected right now. I got a clear giggle though, so that's all that matters as I take our seats in the back once again, with Grace laying across my lap.

"Now, to answer your question Matias, love, she is fully into a headspace. I don't know why or how really, but she fell deep into her headspace and is now in essence, a newborn baby. A very clingy newborn baby." I tell Matias, holding Grace's pacifier in her mouth with a finger as she keeps spitting it out.

"I thought... you said she doesn't go this little? You said she was mainly an older toddler..." Matias asks, sounding understandably confused.

"Usually, yes. That doesn't mean she can't go younger though, or older. It varies by what is happening around her. My guess is her lack of sleep, plus all the emotions of the day, kind of metaphorically cannonballed into the wall she had around this version of herself and it escaped her control. Until she gets control again, this is our baby Gracie." I tell him, caressing her cheek as I do so.

"Is there any way to see when she will come out of this headspace?" Matias asks dumbly but I know it's just from worry. Still, I can't seem to help myself.

"Yeah... sure. Let me just pull out my handy headspace detection meter and I'll tell you exactly when it will end!" I tell him sarcastically and with a smirk.

"No, love. It will end when it ends. If you really want a guess, tomorrow morning, if she sleeps well. Past that, who knows. It's never terribly long though. "Adult" her cringes at this treatment too much to let it go on too long so I wouldn't worry about it too much, love. Just take us home, love, and please don't crash." I tell him, giving Grace a bottle to drink from as I'm tired of trying to keep her from latching on to me. I smile as we finally start pulling away, knowing this is going to be one interesting, eventful night.