Chapter 83

*Grace's P.O.V*

I am in the middle of helping Jazmin set up a cafe only for us to be rudely interrupted. I'm more interrupted than her because I've been scooped up and cradled like a baby. I jerk in surprise, elbowing whoever it was in their chest.

"Grace, we don't hit people," Daddy doesn't sound mad but I doubt he's happy either. I had just hurt him...and myself. My elbow hurt now! Tears fall down my face and I don't know why I'm crying but I can't stop.

"'Orry, 'owy," I plead as he carries me out of the room, not wanting to be in trouble. I let out an upset cry when he tries to set me down and he scoops me right back up, bouncing me slightly. I cry into his chest as he rocks me, his free hand resting on the back of my head. We stay like this for a few moments before I finally settle down enough that he can lift my head up.

"What was that about my pretty girl? There was no reason for tears," Daddy coos as he wipes my face off, using his sleeves and being extra gentle. I sniffle, not sure why I was crying. Maybe because of pain, maybe because I didn't want to be in trouble.

"Sorry hurt you," I whisper, earning a soft chuckle from him. My eyebrows furrow as I look up at him, a small frown on my lips.

"Not funny. Hurting bad. Sorry good," I whisper, upset that he found my apology so funny.

"I'm not laughing at your apology Gracie, I'm laughing that you thought you hurt me. Even if you had hurt me, it would have been my fault. I should have warned you before I scooped you up. I know you startle so easily so the elbowing was on me. Plus, it was a true accident and we don't punish accidents," Daddy says as he rests me on his hip. I realize that's he's taken me away to the bedroom where I had napped earlier.

"No nap," I say as politely as I can, pushing away from his chest. He raises an eyebrow after a moment, bouncing me slightly.

"My Gracie doesn't want a nap? Who could have guessed it?" Daddy asks as he lifts me up into the air before dropping me back down. I squeal in protest, glaring at him as he chuckles after a moment, unclipping my overalls to check the state of my pullup.

"Daddyyyyy," I whine, burying my head into his chest as he puts my overalls back on. He chuckles as he bounces me in his arms once again, giving me a minute before he lifts my head.

"I didn't bring you here to nap. I could tell you were getting worked up after you elbowed me so I brought you in here so you could express yourself with no one watching. Are you feeling better now?" He asks, making me nod my head.

"What were you and Jazmin doing?" Daddy questions me, seeming curious.

"Wanted to get ready before the baby could arrive," I inform him, making him chuckle slightly.

"That baby isn't going to be here for months and it's certainly not going to stay in Jazmin's room. Your sissy would never allow that to happen as that would mean having a newborn who is running on no sleep and a cranky toddler," Daddy explains to me.

"Jazmin's baby now, not Sissy's," I inform him, making his lips curl up slightly in amusement.

"Well then you won't get to play with Jazmin much, she'll be way too busy being a mommy to her new baby," Daddy says, making me pout.

"Not Jazmin's baby, " I decide, not wanting to lose my new playmate because of a baby. Daddy chuckles as he carries me out of the bedroom, taking me to the living room. He lifts me over the back of the couch and plops me on Mommy's lap, making me whine as I squirm.

"Hello baby," Mommy kisses my cheek as I pout at her.

"Torture, wanna go play with Jazmin," I whine as I try to crawl off of her lap. She pulls me back, making me pout at her.

"Give me a kiss," Mommy says, making me whine as I stretch out dramatically. I try to avoid being near her, even if that means falling off the couch. She huffs, bouncing me on her lap until I give up.

"Fine, one kiss," I agree, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek. She chuckles softly, letting me go and I scramble off of the couch. I fall onto the ground and huff as I look back at her, letting her know that it was her fault that I had fallen.

It was a mistake because she takes the opportunity I just gave her to stick her hand down my overalls and slide her finger into my pullup to confirm I'm still dry in front of everyone, before removing it!

"Come here," Mommy scoops me up, bouncing me slightly as I sulk, not sure why everyone in my family feels the need to check on the state of my pullup today. I manage to free myself from her hold and try to crawl away, crawling to the edge of the couch. Sissy is sitting on the other couch and I hop up, going over to her. She chuckles as she opens her arms and lets me sit on her lap. I sit on the edge of her lap, letting her hold me.

"You're my new favorite," I tell Sissy, earning a soft chuckle from Sissy as she rocks me slightly.

"Hey, what about me?" Oli catches my attention and I turn my attention to him, tucking my face against Sissy's shoulder.

"My sissy," I mutter as I cling to Sissy who bounces me slightly.

"Grace has never liked sharing," Sissy says as she presses a kiss to the back of my head, making me sigh softly as I cuddle into her.

"I no share my Sissy," I state, making it seem like it was non-negotiable. I would never share my sissy with anyone, especially not Oli.

"Well can you share with Jazmin? The cookies are done and I wanted your help with serving them," Sissy says as she lifts me off her lap. I pout slightly before giving in, following Sissy to the kitchen.

"She's like a little duck," Mommy says, making me turn back to look at her. I stick my tongue out before turning my attention to Sissy. I pull the plates down, offering them to Sissy. She puts some of the cookies on two plates before calling Jazmin.

Jazmin comes running into the kitchen, crashing into Sissy's legs. Sissy sighs, handing a sippy cup of milk to Jazmin.

"T'ank you mama," Jazmin says before she turns around and runs off, not seeming to care about not having the cookies just yet. I wonder why?