Chapter 68

*Grace's P.O.V*

"What are you giggling about? I'll get you water if you want to laugh at me," Elena informs me, making me immediately stop giggling. I shake my head at the idea of drinking water, my nose wrinkling up.

"What a wonderful idea, I don't think Grace has had any water so far today," Mommy says, making me glare at Elena for betraying me. I couldn't believe that she would mention water around Mommy and now I was going to have to drink it. If anyone should be, it should be Ellie!

Elena fills up my sippy cup with water, bringing it over to me. She sets it down on the table and I knock it off, letting it hit the floor. I probably shouldn't have done that, however it was funny to see Elena's face pinch up with a frown.

"Grace, do not knock that sippy cup off the table again or you're going in the corner," Mommy says warningly. I don't listen though, smacking it off again as soon as Elena sets it down. She picks it up again and sets it down, watching me with narrowed eyes before I smack it off once again. I giggle as it hits the floor but the giggling stops as soon as I feel someone behind me. I tilt my head back, pausing when I see Daddy who doesn't look happy with me.

"You were warned, Grace" mommy says as daddy unbuckles me from my booster seat, lifting me up.

"Where going?" I ask in confusion as Daddy carries me to the corner of the dining room. I whine as soon as I realize what's happening, trying to stop him from setting me down in the corner. I don't manage to stop him and he sets me down, facing me towards the wall. I couldn't believe that I was getting punished with a timeout in front of Elena!

I stomp my feet several times in protest, hearing Daddy move away. I hadn't done anything to deserve a timeout. I stomp my foot again so that they know that. I was only playing with ellie after all and she was fine with picking it up for me!

"You're just adding time in the corner by doing that Grace," he informs me so I stop stomping my feet. I stare at the corner, a pout on my lips as I try to think of the best way out of it. I stand still, my back straight as I hear plates being set on the table and then them sitting down. They were eating without me! That wasn't how this was supposed to work. They were supposed to wait for me!

Tears fall down my face as I know that I'm going to have to eat all alone now. I used to have to all the time in the adoption center. They would say it was because I couldn't behave correctly. My fingers slip into my mouth as I quietly chew on them, listening to them talk as they eat.

They had to have forgotten about me, they just had to! Or else I would have been let out by now....unless I had to stand here all night. I had to do that before. When I was fostered by this one couple and wet myself and ruined their nice, new bedsheets. Mommy and Daddy had promised to never forget about me and it was clear they had broken that promise. I bite my fingers slightly harder than I should, hungry and ready to leave the corner. It had to be at least an hour by now, maybe even 2!

I'm turned around suddenly, making me freeze up as I look at Daddy. He lifts me up, resting me on his hip as he carries me to the table. He sits down with me in his lap, letting me curl up as my fingers stay in my mouth.

"What's wrong Gracie? Was 10 minutes in the corner really that bad?" Daddy asks, making me sniffle.

"You forgot about me. Wasn't 10 minutes," I hiccup out around my fingers, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"I most certainly did not. I was watching you the entire time you were in the corner and I would never forget about you. I promised you that and I have always kept my promises love," he says as he rocks me, wiping my tears away.

I sniffle as I look around, realizing that Elena is the only one eating. She glances at me, smiling and crossing her eyes slightly which makes me giggle as she looks very silly. I turn my head to look at Mommy, seeing that she hasn't even started eating yet.

"Not forgot?" I ask her, making her shake her head.

"We would never forget about you or leave you in the corner Gracie. You are our little baby girl," she coos as she leans over to kiss my forehead.

"My baby," Daddy says as he pulls me away from mommy's kiss, sticking his tongue out at mommy. I giggle slightly at his behavior, looking up at him as he bounces me slightly.

"Not a baby," I protest slightly, my fingers slipping out of my mouth.

"I don't know, I'm pretty sure the manual said I was getting a baby," Daddy says as he stands up, confusing me as he steps away from the table. I squeal as he starts turning me around, lifting me up and even trying to hold me upside down.

"Matias," Mommy sighs, not saying anything else as I squeal and giggle at his actions.

"I'm pretty sure this is a baby. I'm almost positive. It sure feels, looks, and acts like a baby at least," Daddy says as he holds me the right way, lifting up my arms as if inspecting me.

"You giggle like a baby too so I think you are one. Unless you're a robot? Are you a robot? Where is my Gracie, you evil robot? What have you done with her!?" he demands to know as he tickles me. I squeal and squirm to try and escape his hold.

"I not robot... 'm Gracie," I protest, making him frown.

"That is exactly what a robot would say. Fami, get my tools. If this robot doesn't want to do this the easy way then I can find out what it did with our Gracie the hard way," Daddy says as he throws me over his shoulder.

"Matias," Mommy starts to say but she's hiding her face behind her hand and I can tell that she is amused by his behavior and is trying not to laugh.

"Let the girl eat. It's dinner time, not play time, and our food is getting cold," she says.

"I can't let a robot eat Grace's food, she would be so distraught," Daddy says as he walks past Elena who stands up, pulling me out of his hold while he is distracted. I cling to her, sticking my tongue out at him after a moment.

"It's worse than I thought! Two of my girls have been replaced by robots. Oh why me?! Oh why," he says as he collapses to the ground dramatically and I giggle. Mommy is shaking with laughter as she keeps her hand over her mouth. Elena rolls her eyes as she sets me down in my booster seat, using her foot to pull my chair closer so that she can sit by me when I don't want to let her go.

"It's okay Gracie, I'll stay with you," she promises as she kisses my cheek, making me smile softly. At least she was on my side!