Chapter Fifteen

He got released from the hospital with pure instructions to stay in bed for the next few days and don't over do himself. He said goodbye to his mom before I drove him home. He said that he has a house out here in Los Angeles and one back home in London. That really doesn't surprise me though. He gave me instructions on where to go since I've never actually been to his house before.

It's much further away from mine as we pull up in front of his place. It's big. Not sure why one person needs such a big house but whatever. We walk to the front door and he unlocks it before we go inside. He lives in a private gated community and I understand why. After walking inside I'm greeted with an actual beautiful home.

His decor choices aren't horrible either. He has a wall in the living room with all his awards on it. We sit down on the couch and he rests his head against the back of it. It's best for me to go home at this point. He's obviously tired and should get some rest. "If you need anything let me know. I'm one call away." I start to say while clinging my bag to my shoulder.

He grabs my arm, stopping me from going anywhere. Slowly he turns his head to look at me. "Are you leaving?" He asks.

"I'm gonna go and let you rest."

"No." He says quickly. "Stay. Just for tonight." He begs of me. There's a small soft smile on my face and I nodded my head. While he is getting some rest I'm working on making him some lunch. Only I'm reminding myself that he's the cook, not me. I've mentioned before that I can only make a handful of things.

By the time I'm done cooking and getting it all set on a tray, I'm proud with the results. He's laying on the couch with his eyes closed, but he isn't sleeping. His eyes opened and saw the meal I've prepared for him. Slowly, he sat up and thanked me for doing this for him. "So this whole thing kind of got me thinking," he starts and I'm quiet, waiting for him to continue. "Let me take you to all those places you wanted to go to. This time let's do it differently. We won't make all the same mistakes as before."

The proposal is tempting but I'm not completely sure. The first time around he ended up hurt and I don't want to risk it again. "I don't know. Look at where we're sitting."

"Charlie," he grabs my hands in his. "The reason I ended up in the hospital was my fault. That won't happen again. Promise," he holds his pinky out for me. I still love that he does pinky promises. I agree with him and wrap my pinky around his. "There is one small condition first." He grins at me before taking a bite of food.

"What?" My eyebrows raise in concern.

"Before we go, I'm taking you on a real trip this time. So I remember you said that South Carolina is a place you've never been but it's not on your list. I want to take you to Hilton Head Beach. I've been there before and it's a place I'm sure you'd like."

After everything, none of this sounds like a good idea. But I trust him so of course I say yes and agree with him. The smile on his face afterwards was so worth saying yes to it. I made him agree that we aren't going anywhere until he is better. I'm not risking anything happening to him.

Later that night he asked me to hold him until he falls asleep and so that's what I did. My fingers ran through his hair as his head rested on my chest. Only issue is, I'm not able to fall asleep. I've tried and my mind just keeps me awake. Carefully and quietly, I sneak out of bed and put my shoes on. I'm gonna go for a walk and see if that helps. The crisp night air felt good as I'm walking down the street.

This walk has me thinking about life and everything that lead me up to this point. It's crazy how one small trip I wanted to take lead to all this. Me falling for a person I'd never pictured myself with is a starter. I'm actually starting to feel better so I walk back to the house and crawl into bed next to him. His arm wraps around me, pulling my body into his. "Where did you go?" He mumbled into my neck.

"For a walk."

"Everything okay?" He asks. I smile and turn to face him. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I reach my hand up and cupped his cheek.

"Everything is perfect." I spoke softly and he smiled while closing his eyes and falling back into a deep sleep. Not a complete lie either. Everything right now feels perfect and I'm not ready for it to change. It makes me feel lucky to get to fall asleep next to him at night.

The next morning I reach over to wrap my arm around him but feel the cold bed sheets. Feeling confused, I get up and head to the kitchen where I'm smelling food. There he is, making breakfast. "Good morning, darling." He smiles before setting a plate down at the table.

"Good morning. Shouldn't you be resting?" My eyebrow raises while sitting down.

"Yes but laying in bed all day is so boring." He admits and it makes me laugh. He sits next to me at the table and starts pouring some maple syrup on his waffles. After breakfast I helped him clean up but it was time for me to head home and clean up. He assured me that he's fine and that he'd call if there was anything he needed. I'm just so happy he's okay.