Chapter Eleven

My eyes opened and the sun is shining in through the curtains. The room around me looks horrible. Looking over, I see him sleeping with only a sheet to cover the lower half of his body. He actually looks cute with bed head. My brain is struggling to figure out if last night actually happened or not. None of it feels real. Flashes of last night comes into my head showing me it's real and it did in fact happen.

He gripped the bedsheets tightly as my arms are wrapped tightly around his shoulders. His head is buried in my neck as our bodies intertwine.

"Charlie." He whispers in my ear.

I rub my eyes and take a second look around the room. Clothes are everywhere, there's rose pedals still everywhere. Thinking about everything we did, how his hands felt on me made a smile creep up on my face. He really did make last night meaningful for me. Harry is a very sweet guy and I'm so lucky.

At this point my breath is heavy as he flips us over so I'm straddling him. He stares at me with a smile as I lean down to kiss him softly. As soon as my hips start moving he groans. We're both heavily breathing while he holds me against him tightly.

The sound of a phone pulled me out of my thoughts. It's his phone. He got a text and it's from my dad. I'm not a snoop but I can see his screen perfectly from where I'm sitting. Maybe that snoop thing is a lie because I grabbed his phone and read the text.

"Thank you again for agreeing to go with her. I sent you the money we agreed to."

Of course. We hated each other so he came on this trip because he was getting paid to. It had me questioning everything. Like was anything we've done real? Every single thing he's said or did for me...did he mean it? I thought about what we did last night and it made me sick. Did he pretend to do all this to sleep with me? He probably still hates me so maybe he did. My heart started sinking from my chest and being in bed next to him isn't what I need right now.

I throw on some clothes and grab my purse before looking for the car keys. I'm going for a drive to think. Driving always helps me think. I finally find them on the kitchen counter and leave the house. About ten minutes into my drive I could hear my phone ringing. When I see it's Harry, I ignore it. He's such an ass. He's such an asshole. A tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it away.

This might all be dramatic of me but how am I supposed to feel? He doesn't really like me. He made me like him. He made me want him only to do this. I can't believe I slept with that prick. My drive isn't helping so I just go back to the house and sit in the driveway for a few minutes. I'm too upset right now to face him. But I'm gonna have to regardless so I get out and go inside.

He's standing in the living room looking down at his phone. When he saw me he threw it down on the couch. "I was just about to call you again. It worried me when you didn't answer. Where did you go?" He asks while coming over to me. He sees my upset face and grabs my waist. "Darling, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Please don't touch me." I glare while pushing him off me. He frowned confused. "Fuck you Harry. You're a shady asshole." I glare while walking away from him. He follows me into my room confused.

"Can you tell me what I did?" He asks while walking in the room behind me.

"You lied!" I yelled sadly. "You never meant any of that bullshit you said to me or everything you've done. I saw the text from my dad. I know he paid you to go with me. You never actually liked me did you?" I say. He starts to answer but I stop him.

"You know what never mind. You got what you wanted. We hate each other and I was stupid enough to sleep with you. I'm such an idiot." I'm trying so hard to hold myself together because crying in front of him would make this worse.

"That's really what you think?" He asks.

"No Harry that's what I know," I sniffle while pulling my suitcase out of the closet.

"Okay yes your dad hired me and I accepted money from him. But that first day in Vegas I called and told him I don't want it. I gave this a chance," he says pointing between us. "Charlie I don't regret you or any of the stuff we did. None of it was fake. Every word every moment we spent together was all real."

My head started hurting as I'm packing my bags. He got frustrated when I didn't answer so he grabbed the suitcase from me and threw it on the floor. "What are you 5 years old?" I glare then try and pick everything back up. "I don't care because this is over and I'm going home." I tell him.

He sat next to me on the floor as I'm picking all my stuff back up. He rested his arms on his knees and covered his face with his hands. It was silent for a minute until he spoke. "Please don't leave," he whispered. "Please don't leave me." He removed his hands and I looked over at him. He isn't crying or anything but his eyes are red.

"Goodbye Harry." I softly say before getting my stuff together and leaving the house. He can keep his car, I'll just call a cab. Tears rolled down my cheeks on the way to the airport and I kept trying to wipe them away. I called my mom and she answered on the second ring. "Hi momma." I whimper.

"Are you okay?" She asks worriedly.

"No...but I'm coming home. Just please don't ask what happened. I'm not ready to talk about it."

She agreed and said she'd be there to pick me up from the airport in Los Angeles. I finally get to the airport and he's only tried calling me twice. After paying the driver, I start making my way inside to see if I can buy a last minute ticket. The lady working told me I can and so I buy a ticket home. The plane leaves in an hour so I have some time.

Not much for me to do so I just sit at the gate and wait for my flight. Hopefully it won't be too long. Before I knew it they called for us to board the plane. Part of me kind of wished he'd bust through those doors begging me to stay and the other part didn't. Slight disappointment showed on my face when I didn't see him and got on the plane.