Chapter Twenty-Five

My eyes opened to the sunlight shining in through the curtains. The room is quiet and Harry is no longer in bed. My head is slightly killing me as I'm climbing out of bed to take a shower and clean myself up. It felt nice to relax for a moment until getting out and brushing my hair and teeth. When I'm completely ready I start heading downstairs to try and find my boyfriend. When he's no where to be found, I decide to call him.

A couple of rings later and he answers the phone. "Hey, where are you?" I frown.

"Had a meeting this morning but I'll be home in an hour. I've left something on the kitchen counter for you. I love you." He tells me.

"Okay, I love you too." I reply before we hang up. Feeling confused, I head into the kitchen and see what he had left for me. It's medicine for my headache, a bottle of water, and a little handwritten note. After taking the medicine, I grab the note and read what he wrote for me.

Charlie,

There was an important meeting I had to attend this morning. I've left you with some medication for your headache I know you'll have. I shouldn't be too long. I love you beautiful.

I smile at his note and sigh. Maybe I'll work on getting a tan while he's gone because I'm starting to look super pale. After searching through my bags, I find my favorite hot pink bikini. I sit out by the pool and put on my sunglasses. The time had slipped by me because I hear my name being called and sit up to see Harry walking outside.

"Hey," I greet him as he comes over to me and sits down.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" He asks and I shake my head yes while thanking him for that cute note he left me. "I was wondering if you wanna go grab some lunch?"

"Sure. How did your meeting go?" I ask him.

"Good." He gives me a short one word response.

"Well what was it about?" I continue. My questions seemed to make him slightly nervous and it makes me want to know why. Secret phone calls and meetings that he doesn't want to talk about. What is he doing that is so bad? I finish getting ready and we leave to eat at some small but nice restaurant. We later visit a couple of tourists spots before going back to the house.

He suggested we go to the beach tomorrow and have a whole beach day because we haven't done that in a while. I agree but in the back of my mind all I'm thinking about is why he is being so secretive. I trust him with my life which is why this is so hard for me to figure out. He has been so secretive for a while and it's driving me crazy.

Later we decided to go out and have dinner at a restaurant he really likes but halfway through, he left the table saying that he got an important phone call. Then when we got back home and comfortable in bed, he was on his phone while the movie we started watching played on the tv. Sighing in frustration I pause the tv and look over at him. He didn't really notice at first then looked up at me.

"Why did you pause the movie?" He asks.

"Who or what is so important that you have to hide it? You've been doing this for weeks." I finally ask. He didn't seem to know what to say as he searches for the right words.

"I can't tell you." He finally says.

"Seriously? You're hiding something from your girlfriend but you can't talk to me about it?" I glare.

"It's a secret but I promise you'll know when it's ready. Im just..." he pauses. "Charlie you're going to have to trust me on this one." He tells me. I let out an annoyed scoff.

"That's what I've been doing. I didn't want to pry because it was none of my business but we're dating. I want you to be able to talk to me about anything." I explain.

"Well I'm sorry but I don't have to tell you every little thing that's going on in my life." He snaps. It took me by surprise a little because I never wanted to argue with him about this. I'm just trying to talk with him and explain how frustrating this all is. He realized that what he said came off rude and sighed. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry." He apologized.

"It's fine Harry." I lay down and turn my back towards him. He grabs my arm, trying to get my attention but I shrug him off.

"I-" he stops and lets out a breath. "Never mind." He shuts off the tv and lays down. I stare into the darkness of the room thinking about his words and what has him so on edge. That's all I could think about as I fell asleep. When I woke in the morning I could hear talking from the bathroom. I get out of bed and stand next to the door, trying to figure out what he's saying.

I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but if he isn't going to tell me then I'd like to know on my own. "Is everything almost ready?" He asks. It fell silent for a while until he spoke back up. "I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this a secret from her. She's getting suspicious Theo."

Theo is my dads name. He's talking to my dad about what I'm assuming is me. Their conversation didn't last much longer before he hung up. I hurried back to bed and turned my back to him. I felt a kiss on my head then the door close soon after. After getting out of bed and changed, I went down to see him grabbing the car keys off the table.

"Where are you going?" I ask, my voice quiet.

"Get a few things for us to have dinner at home tonight." He says. "Then probably to the beach. Wanna come?" He asks. I shake my head yes and hurry to get ready. We ran our errands and went to the beach all while not bringing up last night. We made it through the whole day not talking about it until dinner. Out of no where he brought it up.

"We should talk about last night," he starts and I stay quiet so he could continue. "I'm sorry for what I said. I'm just working on something right now and it's best you don't know yet. I really just need you to trust me." He tells me.

"It's okay and I'm sorry for trying to push it out of you. I just want you to know that you can talk to me about anything with no judgment." I assure him. He grabs my hand and smiles.

"I know that and thank you."

We got through the rest of dinner happily and when he's ready to tell me about what he's got going on, he will. I'm certainly curious but time reveals everything and it's best just to be patient.