Chapter Twelve

Harry pov

When the front door closed it caused me to flinch. She's gone. She's really gone and here I am not knowing how to fix this. Anger and sadness takes over completely and I let out a painful scream. I throw everything I can find, not caring what I break in the process. "Fucking idiot." I mumbled to myself. She is never going to forgive me for this and I'm not sure how to make it better.

I told her the truth about everything. I tried giving him the money back and he wouldn't accept it. Every second of this trip with her was real. Every word, every second we were together was real. She's just so different. With her I don't have to pretend I'm someone else. There's no cameras, no crowds of people. It's always just the two of us in the moment. She makes me feel things I never thought possible.

I grab my phone and call the only person I can think of that helps me through all my heartbreaks. The phone rings until I hear that familiar voice on the other end. "Mom." My voice breaks. I explain to her the whole situation while she listens. By the end of it she gave me advice that she hasn't ever said before about a past relationship. She told me that by the way I talk about Charlie, that she can see how much of a hold she's got on me.

She told me that if I care about her as much as I claim to then I need to fight for her back. My mom has never given me bad advice before so I'm gonna listen to her on this one. "Don't let this break you, Harry." She says. After my phone call with her I started getting my shit together. I do miss my mom and will have to see her soon.

After packing everything up I get in the car and drive straight to the airport. I'm taking the private plane back to Texas to get her car and go back to Los Angeles. It will give me time to think and figure out how to win her back. She's the first girl I've ever been with that makes life feel so easy. I'm myself with her, not what people make me out to be.

The plane ride back was long and boring. My eyes drifted to the spot she sat in when we were on this plane a few days ago. A weird painful feeling formed in my chest that I've never felt before so I tried blocking it out of my mind.

By the time we landed it was dark outside and night time. That didn't bother me because most of my trip back to California is going to be driving. I'm not planning on stopping a lot unless I need sleep. After hopping into her car I start my long drive. It's actually quite boring doing a road trip without company. She was crazy for wanting to do this alone.

Hours into the drive, I started feeling really tired. I'm not ready to stop yet though. The sooner I get to her the better. She needs to know just how sorry I am and how much I care about her. When it got bad I checked into a hotel and decided to sleep the best I could until morning. She's all that was on my mind when trying to sleep. Images of her beautiful smile flashed through my head making it harder to fall asleep.

Eventually my eyes closed and that's all I remember before waking up the next day. After getting ready, I check out and start my drive back up. I've tried calling her a few times but she won't answer the phone. I've messed up bad with her. How can I get her to forgive me? This isn't something flowers or an I'm sorry can fix. She's going to need more than that. She's worth more than that.

I'm not sure how it happened but over the course of this past week she's made me fall for her. It's her smile that gets my day started in the morning, her laugh that feels like music to my ears, and the way she looks at me with those chocolate brown eyes. Charlotte Rose made me fall for her and doesn't even realize it. Hopefully she will if she lets me see her.

The gas light came on indicating that I'm going to need to stop soon or this car will break down. I stop and completely fill up the car. When in the gas station I notice those gummy spiders she likes so much and smiled. I bought a bag then left and continued my drive. My heart sinks looking at that small green bag and remembering how scared she got when I pranked her.

I've never actually had one of them before and wonder what she likes so much about them. I open the bag and take one out before eating it. They do taste like fruit and aren't half bad. The orange ones are probably the worst ones though. Most of my day is spent driving and listening to music to try and keep myself entertained. Nothing too interesting. When it started getting dark again I kept driving until stopping.

This is going to feel longer without someone to talk to or laugh with. Having her around was fun. She's good company to have and I really loved spending time with her. She's funny and has a great sense of humor. It's hard finding a girl as special as her and I'm smart enough to know that when you get a girl like that you don't ever let her go. I'd travel across the world if it meant getting her back.