✿|⁴⁶

authors note; sorry it took me so long to update this story, I just focused on my other Happy story this weekend

Question; would you like to read more mature scenes [smut]? Or is there anything else you would like to read more? Please let me know in the comments or you can also send me a DM! 🖤

warning; smut in this chapter!

With her head resting on his chest, she let her fingertips ghost over the tattoos on his torso, tracing every single one of them causing him to let out a soft grunt now and then while he ran his fingers through her hair.

Last night was long, both lost in their own thoughts. Cassie was glad Happy told her what Kayla's mom wanted and what she had said but it also worried her. And it made her angry⸺ so angry that she wanted to go after her and repeat the same thing that she already did to Kayla.

Threatening to hurt her was one thing but threatening to hurt the people she loved, especially Happy and her son, wasn't acceptable and her protective instincts kicked in the moment Happy had told her about her threat.

“Stop worrying, little girl”, he mumbled against her temple before pressing a kiss against it. “I'll take care of her.”

“And how exactly?”, she asked in frustration, turning her head slightly to face him, her chin resting on her hand.

“I don't think anyone will be surprised if she just disappears”, he grunted. “And I think you know what I mean by that.”

“And what then? What if someone knew about her suspicions and goes to the police if she suddenly disappears? The suspicion falls on us immediately when they find out that she was last seen with us”, the brunette stated sighing and growled softly. “We finally had some peace and happy moments and now? The next problem comes.”

Happy sat up a bit and leaned against the headboard. He looked at her intently and shook his head. “I promised you that we would have our peace here and I keep my word. I'll take care of that bitch, how is not your concern, baby.”

“Oh, so you're doing this alone now, leaving me out of everything?”, she asked with a raised eyebrow and propped herself up on her elbows.

“That's not what I said, Cassie”, he sighed, rubbing a hand over his head. “I just want to keep you out of trouble as much as possible. I want you and Callum to be happy and safe, it's that easy.”

“I'm happy when the threat is gone and I'll certainly do my part in getting that bitch out of the way”, she said seriously, which in turn made Happy smirk.

He always found it attractive when Cassie defied him, when she remained stubborn and wanted to get her way. Of course he could keep her in her place and tell her where her limits were, but he thought it was good that she could stand up to him⸺ that she dared to do that.