✿| ¹⁴

It was one of Samcros typical Friday night parties and this time Cassie was able to join them since her shift wouldn't start before tomorrow afternoon, which meant she could have some drinks, sleep in and still make it to work without a hangover.

The last two days Happy wanted her to stay home and call in sick until she was feeling completely like herself again. In her eyes he overreacted a little, yet she knew he was just worried about her and giving her the order to stay home was just his way of showing her how much he cared.

Knowing he only did it out of love made her give in and call in sick but she really had to go back tomorrow. Mainly because she really felt a lot better. The headache and body aches were gone and apart from the disgust she felt at the thought of Kyle touching her while she was defenseless, she was fine.

The brunette still hasn't asked Happy for details. To know and remember what Kyle did was enough to know, she didn't want more details⸺ if there even was more.

Sitting here on her Old Man's lap with his arm possessively draped around her waist helped her to forget about all the shitty things that happened in the last few days and weeks. This just felt like a reward, which she enjoyed to the fullest.

While Happy was involved in a conversation about Harleys with Jax, James, Chibs and Juice, who sat at the table with them, she had a lighthearted conversation with Tara, which was kind of weird. Tara wasn't the person for such conversations, yet the doctor seemed actually relaxed and comfortable tonight. Something that didn't happen often when she was around the clubhouse.

“Why didn't you continue studying if you had such good grades? You could easily have made it as a doctor”, Tara stated, surprised about how good Cassie was back in school and nursing school.

When she first met James' younger sister and saw how she dressed and looked, Tara never thought she was one of the smart women and more like a party girl. Well, which Cassie was⸺ but she was also smart enough to become a doctor and Tara just couldn't understand how the younger brunette could be happy with just being a nurse. However, not everyone was fixated on a great career and she had to accept that.

“Because I never wanted to be a doctor”, Cassie shrugged with a small smile, sipping on her drink. “I'm grateful for all the people who decided to become a doctor but my dream was always to be a nurse. And that's what I became.”

“Well, I can tell you that you are a great nurse. Everyone at St. Thomas is happy to have you around. Good for us, bad for Tacoma. Can't believe they fired you”, Tara shook her head slightly as she nervously played with the sticker on the bottle of beer in her hand. “How are you doing?”

Cassie noticed the sudden change in Tara, how nervous she got once again. The doctor checked on her for the last two days, always paid her a visit after her shift was over. Maybe it was just kindness but something felt off but Cassie couldn't tell what it was. But the interest Tara had in her well-being since the incident with Kyle was just weird.

“I'm doing fine. Why are you suddenly so worried about me?”, Cassie asked with a frown.

“Because I'm sure it's not a good feeling to be assaulted, just wanted to make sure you're doing okay”, Tara retorted quickly, putting on a smile.

“I'm okay”, the brunette assured the doctor with a raised brow, a polite smile on her face. “It could've been worse.”

Tara sighed but nodded eventually. “I know, but what happened to you is bad enough.”

The doctor still felt like shit. Helping Kayla with her plan was one thing she regretted, especially now that she saw what a kind and sweet person Cassie actually was. She had her flaws, especially the weed smoking part was still something Tara didn't like, but otherwise the Connor woman was pretty nice.