✿|³⁵

In the early morning hours, Nero appeared at Happy's and Cassie's house, his face full of concern as he banged on the door, hoping the young woman would open it for him

In the early morning hours, Nero appeared at Happy's and Cassie's house, his face full of concern as he banged on the door, hoping the young woman would open it for him. Maybe she just forgot to call Gemma like she had promised. Or maybe she fell asleep, which would be no wonder after such news. Her body needed a break.

After hearing from Gemma what had happened, he was trembling in anger. The Rivals should've been dealt with much sooner and he would talk to Jax later and also offer his help. He himself was someone who mostly stayed away from drama, but this time it was different. Something was taken from Cassie that cannot be replaced. He himself had lost Lucius' mother back then and the two weren't even together anymore at the time. And yet it had broken his heart. He didn't even want to imagine how Cassie was feeling right now.

“Cassie, it's me. Open the door.” He knocked again, this time with more force. Again nothing.

He was starting to get a strange feeling. Nero knocked so many times that he'd probably even woken up the neighbors. The uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach increased and he decided to give himself access to the house. Gemma had given him a spare key, which Cassie had given her after they moved into their new house, in case of an emergency. He didn't really like intruding on people's privacy, but he felt like it was better that way.

He quietly closed the door behind him and shortly thereafter entered the living room with the open kitchen. When he saw Cassie lying on the floor, the almost empty bottle of alcohol on the table and the empty pack of pills, he realized what she had tried.

“Shit!” Swallowing, he rubbed his face before he quickly got on his knees to check on Cassie's pulse, praying he would find one. He couldn't feel a pulse, which crushed him inside. She was way too young to die and she had a son who needed a mother. But he understood her desperation, he really did.

Maybe the pulse was just too weak or he was too nervous to concentrate on finding one. Desperately, he pulled her between his legs after sitting down on the floor. Her limp, cold body sagged in his arm, which was wrapped tightly around her stomach. Without further hesitation, he slipped two of his fingers between her lips and down her throat, using his arm to put pressure on her stomach. She had to throw up, that was the only way he had a chance to save her.

“Come on, you can do it, sweetheart”,  he said encouragingly, probably also to convince himself that she could actually do it. But nothing happened.

It wasn't until he slid his fingers even further down her throat and pushed his clenched hand into her stomach that Cassie started gagging. And the next moment she threw up, trying to gasp for air and frantically clutching her hands at Nero's legs after he had pulled his fingers out of her mouth. He didn't care about the mess, he was just glad that Cassie was breathing.

“Just like that. Let it out.” With a sigh of relief, he rested his forehead against the back of her head and rubbed her back up and down while the brunette threw up again.