✿| ⁰⁷

authors note; I changed the faceclaim for Cassie, just check out the first chapter to see more pictures of her but I'll drop one here, too! Please leave feedback if you liked it! 🖤🌿

This is a long chapter + detailed smut.

Nervously bouncing with her leg Cassie sat outside the diner waiting for Happy to come back with their food

Nervously bouncing with her leg Cassie sat outside the diner waiting for Happy to come back with their food. The warm sun that shone in her face got on her nerves while she glanced at her phone to check the time for the fifth time in the last fifteen minutes.

She felt uncomfortable in her own skin and wanted to get away from the crowded parking lot that made her feel as if she was being watched by many people. Which was bullshit, she knew that, but not having weed since yesterday morning was making her paranoid.

The amount she was used to now seemed to make her more dependent than she initially thought. Which wasn't good at all. She just got her job back, she was back together with both her brothers and not only one, she got responsibilities again. She didn't want to fuck things up, not again.

Maybe she should've stayed home and didn't let Happy convince her to come along. Their trip was nice, no doubt, and she enjoyed every second of it. The night they stayed in a Motel near the woods was peaceful, exactly what she needed to clean her mind.

Still, the lack of conversation with Happy and the many moments of awkward silence between them made her nervous. And after a quiet breakfast, after they'd slept in seperated beds, she felt the need to light up a joint so she could silence the nervousness a little. Too bad she forgot it at home and had no other choice but deal with the uncomfortable emotions, which were the reason she started smoking weed in the first place.

“Here”, Happy's raspy voice tore her out of her thoughts, holding a bag with food out for her to take it. “Wanna eat here or at the Motel?”

“Motel please”, she mumbled as she got up, gently snatching the bag out of his hand only to open it to steal a few curly fries that she managed to elegantly shove into her mouth. “Wow, these are good!”

“Well then”, Happy said, an almost amused look on his face as he watched her shove a few more of the fries into her mouth. “You know we can eat here, right?”

“Mhm..I know”, she replied after she had washed everything down with a sip of the coke that she had her own bag. “But this place is way too crowded. Weird for a small town.”

She wasn't quite sure where they were at the moment but she trusted Happy to get them back home safe. They drove through a few small towns yesterday until Happy took her to a pretty nice place that was close to the motel.

Living in Tacoma her whole life made her fall in love with woods, especially during fall. The rainy atmosphere and a cloudy sky always had something peaceful, just like a light thunderstorm. She probably wouldn't get a scenery like this often in Charming or many parts in Cali, but the place Happy took her to had exactly the atmosphere she already missed.