✿| ⁰¹

Cassie blinked a few times as the bright light in her apartment shone directly in her face. It was definitely too bright for her liking. Why hadn't she swapped out the bulb for a warmer color? And why was her light on anyway? She shook it off, sure she'd just forgotten to turn it off before leaving the apartment and go to the party next door.

Shaking her head, she slipped off her black boots and shuffled into the kitchen to get something cold to drink from the fridge. But before she could do that, she took a sharp breath and, after a brief shock, supported herself with one hand on the kitchen counter.

"What the fuck, Happy?", she hissed at the man sitting casually in her kitchen, her little brother with a scowl on his face and crossed arms right next to the infamous 'Tacoma Killer'. You should mean a fifteen year old would be intimidated by such a man. But no, not her brother. Instead of being scared shitless, Benny sat there pouting like a small child.

"And what the hell did he do this time?", she added with a groan. After the little shock had worn off, she got a bottle of soda out of the fridge and took a big gulp, running the back of her hand over her chin after a drop of the soda ran past the corner of her mouth before getting the leftover pizza. After a few bites, she turned back around and raised her brow.

"No one's gonna give me an answer?", she asked, biting into her piece of pizza again.

"She's baked as fuck. How am I supposed to be normal with a stoner sister and a brother that doesn't give a shit?", Benny's tone was cocky and far away from respectful, which earned him a slap on the back of his head from Happy.

"The fuck? You can't hit me, I'm still a kid", he said defensively.

"You think I give a shit? If you're old enough to insult your family you're old enough to bear the consequences", Happy grunted, not impressed at all by the teenager's lousy excuse.

"Can you behave for once, Benny?" Cassie rolled her eyes, a sigh of annoyance slipped past her lips. Throwing the piece of pizza, that didn't taste good at all anymore, into the sink she hopped on the counter and gave Happy a small smile. "Welcome home by the way."

"Good to be back", he replied with the slightest smile, a smile that was barely visible. Yet it was there.

With his dark orbs, he eyed her up and down. The last time he had seen her she was still blonde and not as high as a kite. It was still the same woman he knew, his best friend⸺ but still so different. He had known her since she was a child herself, witnessed her darkest moments and always admired her strength. But now she was sitting on the kitchen counter and could hardly keep her eyes open because she was stoned as fuck.

James, her older brother and his best friend, had told him about her deep fall. But with club shit, problems with his Old Lady and personal shit James had his hands full already and not much time to look after his sister. That's why he called Happy, knowing the man was the only one that Cassie trusted enough to talk about her problems.

"I didn't do shit! I don't even know why I'm here", the fifteen year old scoffed, putting his feet on the table.

"Get your feet off the table", Happy and Cassie groaned simultaneously that only made the teenager roll his eyes. But at least he listened and got his feet off the table.

"You got arrested. Wanna tell me again you didn't to shit?", Happy huffed. He had no idea how to talk to kids, especially not teenager, but he sure as hell was loosing his patience with this one.

"Wait, you got what?!" Cassie jumped off the counter, almost tripping over her own feet as she made her way over to the table. "What the hell did you to this time? Who bailed you out?"