✿|²⁰

After finishing her shift at the hospital, Cassie did some quick grocery shopping before she drove home and took a quick shower

After finishing her shift at the hospital, Cassie did some quick grocery shopping before she drove home and took a quick shower. It was already late so she slipped into her pyjamas, consisting of a simple, comfortable hot pant and a band shirt, and threw her hair into a messy bun.

Her eyes landed on the positive pregnancy test that lay on top of the washing machine, four more positive pregnancy tests next to the first one. After the first one turned out to be positive, she decided to get more from the store just to make sure. They still could be false, she knew that, but how big was the chance all of them failed? Besides, she felt nauseous since weeks, throwing up everyday for the last four days.

There was also a slight tugging in her abdomen, and a warm feeling⸺ which she found out, thanks to the internet, was one of the typical early symptoms of pregnancy.

She grabbed one of the tests and looked down at it, her eyes tiredly focused on the two lines while a thousand thoughts raced through her head. What would Happy say to the news? Would he be happy? Or rather be annoyed because both hadn't been careful enough? What if he wanted to keep the baby but she didn't? Would their relationship have a future at all then?

Shaking her head, she turned off the light in the bathroom and got downstairs where she put the pregnancy test on one of the chairs in the kitchen before she washed her hands and started cooking. Since she still felt a little nauseous and exhausted the brunette decided to make something easy and quick for dinner, ending up making Steaks with baked potatoes.

She wrinkled her nose as the smell of the meat as it was cooking hit her and made her nauseous again. Gemma had noticed that a few days ago when the two Old Lady's plus Lyla decided to cook together. The Queen had made a joking comment that made Cassie even consider taking a pregnancy test.

Luckily Benny and Lily were with Gemma today. Cassie had asked if she could babysit them until James was back to pick them up. Of course, Gemma was curious as to why the younger woman needed an evening off, but Cassie hadn't told her much about it. The brunette was already annoyed enough that she got weak in front of Tara and couldn't keep her mouth shut⸺ but she just had to get this off her chest.

Sometimes you had to accept help, even if you didn't want to. And Tara offered her to let it out. Which didn't mean that Cassie would forget everything the doctor did now, by no means. But it felt good not being judged for wanting an abortion.

Just as the food was ready, as if Happy smelled it, he walked through the door and took off his Kutte, which he hung on the hook by the door. Opie ran straight towards him in excitement, happily wagging his tail as he saw Happy was back home. The last few days had been exhausting, but now they would finally have some rest for a while. Even if he would have loved to throw Cassie over his shoulder and disappeared into the bedroom with her to make up for the missed days and to show her how much he had missed her, he was looking forward to a home cooked meal from his Old Lady, which he'd already smelled from outside.