✿|²¹

No matter how tired he was, Happy didn't give up looking for his Old Lady

No matter how tired he was, Happy didn't give up looking for his Old Lady. Searching literally every corner in Charming, he had to accept that he wouldn't find her this way. Every diner that was still open he had checked out and asked if anyone had seen a young brunette come in.

Surprised at himself how worried he could be about a person⸺ but this was about his Old Lady after all. Who was also pregnant, desperate and confused. Not a good mix.

Cassie was known to drown her sorrows with weed, alcohol, selfharm, or/and excessive partying. He had known her for almost two decades now and knew how she behaved in such situations.

In the early hours of the morning, after he was reluctantly about to drive back home, his cell phone rang. It was Jax who gave him the all clear and reassured him that Cassie showed up at the clubhouse about an hour ago. He only knew that because he had spent the night there.

Happy wasted no time straddling his bike and arrived at the clubhouse fifteen minutes later since he had been nearby anyway. Exhausted and irritated, he went into the clubhouse, his gaze landed directly on his girlfriend, who was sitting at the bar with a glass of coke, her eyes fixed on the counter while she supported her head with one of her hands.

"You can't just fucking leave without telling me where you're going in the middle of the night", he snarled angrily as he grabbed her by her arm, more gentle this time, and made her look at him. "What the hell were you thinking, woman?"

"I needed a moment to myself. I'm sorry if I worried you", she mumbled, her soft voice barely audible. "I was just driving around town until I ended up here. I didn't get myself, or well, the baby, in any danger. I promise."

Happy just grunted and let go of her arm before taking a seat on the chair next to her, his eyes still on her. Her words weren't slurred and her pupils looked perfectly normal. This was good. Maybe he just should've put more trust into her. Even if she wasn't happy to be pregnant, deep down he knew she could never harm her own child⸺ even if there probably wasn't even a heartbeat yet.

"You still could've answered at least one of my calls", he growled lowly, still not pleased that she had ignored his many calls and text messages, yet he tried to understand how she felt.

The brunette nodded slightly, her eyes eventually looked right into his dark ones. Besides the anger she saw in them, she didn't miss the concern reflect in them.

"It won't happen again", she said meekly, rubbing her clammy hands, a remorseful look on her face. "Where you really this worried?"

The tiredness was still written all over his face, which made him look ten years older. She knew that he hadn't slept since yesterday morning and that she was the reason why he had searched town and was now completely exhausted. Feelings of guilt crept into her system and she just wanted to hug him right now, but she didn't dare.