✿|²⁸

authors note; long chapter, like, really long

authors note; long chapter, like, really long. I'm sorry, lol!

The heat that had hung over Charming for the past few months was slowly dissipating and being replaced with a more comfortable humidity that made it easier for Cassie to get back to doing things. The pregnancy has been uneventful so far, everything was fine, but the heat has bothered her a lot.

With Opie she strolled down the street until she reached the clubhouse. Since Gemma had asked for her help and Happy was still out anyway, there was no reason to sit at home all alone. Instead, she would first help Samcros Queen with the preparations for the big party tomorrow night. By now she was back at most parties, unless she was really too tired⸺ then she stayed home and went to bed with a good book until Happy came back.

When she entered the clubhouse, she let the pitbull off the leash, who immediately ran over to where Tig sat and was greeted extensively by him. Abel and Thomas immediately joined them and, as always, were totally enthusiastic about Opie. Tig gave the brunette a quick wink as she waved at him.

Chibs came around the corner only a moment later and draped an arm over her shoulder. “Ye' look good, lass”, he smiled down at her.

“Thanks, I'm also starting to feel better”, she retorted with a friendly smile and leaned against him just a little. Ever since her bump started to grow, she felt her back hurting from time to time because it was just being put under pressure.

“Don't get excited t' soon, the heat can come back anytime”, the Scot chuckled softly knowing how much the brunette despised the heat. “I got used t' it, too.”

She just shook her head, laughing. “Very encouraging, thanks Chibs. Where's Gemma? She wanted me to come.”

“She's in the kitchen”, he informed her. “Where's Hap?”

Cassie only came alone when the guys were out for club business together. But now everyone except for Happy was here, they had no business to handle at the moment. There was nothing new about the new threat so he wondered where their SAA was.

“Oh, he wanted to get something for the house, told me it's a surprise”, she beamed with excitement.

Chibs chuckled at her enthusiasm. If anyone had told him a few years ago that Happy would have an Old Lady one day and become a father, he wouldn't have believed it. And now his brother was out getting a surprise for the woman he loved. Oh how the tables had turned. But Chibs liked this version of Happy, it showed that his heart wasn't as cold and black like everyone thought it was.

“Well then, I'm curious what he gets for ye'”, the Scot nodded.

“I'll let you know next time I'm around”, she smiled and kissed his cheek before she slipped out of under his arm and greeted Abel and Thomas properly before she joined the matriarch, who greeted her with a warm hug, in the kitchen.