✿| ¹⁶

Tara gasped when she saw the mess in the living room of Kayla's house

Tara gasped when she saw the mess in the living room of Kayla's house. Blood was all over the creme colored carpet where the blonde lay in her own pool of blood. Her dead eyes staring right at Tara making the doctor shiver. She had seen a lot of dead people, which was unavoidable with her job, but she had never seen anything like this.

“What the fuck, Happy? You called us for what exactly? This shitshow ain't none of our business”, Jax snarled in the background and grabbed Tara's arm to turn her around, making her look in a different direction. This shit was exactly what he always wanted to keep away from her so as not to make his lifestyle seem even more dangerous to her. That would be just another reason for her to give him shit about and start an argument on how this isn't a life the kids should know.

“You're my Pres, but you better be careful with your words”, Happy's tone was calm but demanding. He had lots of respect for Jax, yet he wouldn't let him talk to him like this. “It's your Old Lady's business, that's why you're here.”

Jax sighed, nodding to himself. His tone towards Happy wasn't okay, he should support his brother and first find out what was going on. But the tension whenever Tara was around caused him to be in a bad mood most of the time, which he sometimes took out on the wrong people.

“Sorry man, I just don't want her to see shit like that. You know her”, Jax told him after Tara turned back around. “But how is this my Old Lady's business?”

“Ask her yourself. And then you better get her out of Cassie's and my sight for a while”, Happy grunted before he pulled a still pale Cassie into his side, his arm finding it's way around her shoulders.

Confusion was written all over Jax face. With wary eyes he studied the brunette who leaned against Happy, the look in her eyes dull and exhausted.

“What are they talking about, Tara?”, Jax inquired sternly after he turned around to watch the brunette doctor go on her knees and put two fingers against the blondes' neck.

“She..she's actually dead”, was all Tara muttered.

“No shit, doctor”, Cassie scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. “Get back on your feet and explain your husband why she's dead.”

All eyes were on Tara now. The doctor felt constrained, condemned already, even though she hadn't even had a chance to explain herself. But if Kayla had told everything, no wonder Happy and Cassie were furious. With a deep sigh, she got back on her feet and wiped her sweaty hands together.

“Kayla's plan was to ruin James' family. Drugging Cassie was her first plan, a plan I was involved with”, Tara admitted meekly, not able to look Jax in the eyes as she spoke. “We shared the same opinion about the club and somehow that brought us closer together. I finally felt understood. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to escape this life, so at least I wanted to help her. But when the time came, I realized how twisted Kayla and her plan were. I asked Kyle not to seriously hurt Cassie, which luckily he didn't. When I noticed how nice Cassie actually is and never did anything bad to me, I told Kayla that I wouldn't play her games anymore. I realized that we are no better with our plan and just as criminal as, well, you guys are.”