✿|³⁹

The moment they passed the Tacoma town sign, Cassie felt a certain warmth spreading through her chest and body

The moment they passed the Tacoma town sign, Cassie felt a certain warmth spreading through her chest and body. Not because the weather was so warm, on the contrary. It was fall and pretty cool compared to Cali. She felt the warmth because she immediately felt at home. She did that everywhere as long as Happy, Callum and Opie were with her, but this was her actual home, her birthplace, the place where she grew up. God how she missed Washington, especially Tacoma.

The nostalgic smile was still on her lips as Happy parked the car by the clubhouse and eyed her from the side. Seeing how relaxed and happy she was every time they were here made the corner of his mouth twitch up as well. It was as if he could feel how all the tension of the last few weeks, and especially days, had melted away. As if someone had lifted a load from her shoulders.

And that made him think. His priorities had changed and none of his brothers could tell him that it wasn't like that for them once they had families of their own. But unlike Jax, he wouldn't let that distract him and always stay focused when the club needed him. But privately he clearly preferred to spend his time with his little family than, for example, going to parties or sitting in the club all day even though there was nothing to do.

The thought of going back to Tacoma had crossed his mind a few times already. J
He would do it just to see Cassie permanently happy again. But Charming needed every man right now, so it wasn't possible to leave for long at the moment.

“I haven't seen you in such a good mood in a while”, he remarked, running the backs of his fingers down her cheek.

“Because I haven't been in ages”, she replied softly, closing her eyes at his touch that only making her smile wider. “Thanks baby..for bringing us here. I think we both need that.”

Happy nodded with a grunt and shared her opinion. “And Callum is finally getting to know the people who even raised you. They're gonna be proud as hell”, he grinned.

“Right?! I can't wait for everyone to finally meet him.” There was a huge smile on her face and before the two got out of the car, Happy pressed a longing kiss onto her lips that she returned without hesitation.

While Cassie unbuckled the baby carrier and got Callum out of the car, Happy let Opie out of the back and got the two big bags and the diaper bag out of the car. When Lee heard that one of his closest friends was coming to visit along with the woman he'd known since she was a baby and who he had helped to raise, he immediately offered that the three of them could stay at the clubhouse if they wanted too. Since Lee had kept Happy's old room free anyway, as well as James's in case they both came back, they could use that as well.

“You still look as good as you did then, and that after giving birth!” Kozik's big grin and the good mood he exuded immediately captivated Cassie and even Happy.

The blonde walked up to the two of them and scooped the brunette up in his arms only to spin her around, making her laugh. Happy wouldn't let any other man do that, not even his closest friends, but he had absolutely no problem with Kozik doing it. Next to James he was his best friend and would never have dirty thoughts about his Old Lady. Kozik had too much respect for that.