✿| ¹³

After Happy closed the door of Cassie's house, which she gave him the key to it before, behind him quietly, he kicked off his shoes and walked through the dark hallway towards the bathroom only to almost bump into the beautiful brunette halfway

It was in the middle of the night and he hadn't seen any lights on so he had assumed she was already in bed, cuddling with his dog and sleep peacefully. Well, as peaceful as possible after such an event.

“Where were you? I was worried”, Cassie said softly after she switched on the light in the hallway, studying her boyfriend with examining eyes.

“Stop worrying about me, little girl.” His even raspier voice made her knees go weak and the way he looked at her sent chills down her spine. A mix of love, appreciation and compassion flashed in his eyes as he ran his thumb down her cheek.

“Easier said than done”, she mumbled with her arms crossed under her breasts, standing on her tip toes to steal a kiss from his lips. Her gaze slowly wandered down his body, a soft gasp escaped her throat at all the dried blood on his clothes.

“What happened?!” Even more worried now, she looked up into his dark orbs before gently shoving him into the bathroom. “Take them off, I'll give them a wash.”

“It's in the middle of the night”, he stated with the slightest smirk, surprised that this was the first thing she thought about. To give his clothes a wash.

“And?”, she raised a brow and slid the Kutte off his shoulders, folding it carefully before she placed it on the top of the washing machine. She then tugged at the hem of his shirt, motioning him to take it off. “And don't ignore my questions. What happened?”

“We killed Kyle, had to be done”, Happy shrugged unbothered, which showed once again that killing wasn't something that didn't tug on his conscience.

Her jaw dropped, staring at the man covered in blood while standing in her bathroom getting rid of his clothes after he just told her that he, and probably her brother, had killed someone. The killing part didn't shock her much, she knew who she was dating. Happy's weird satisfaction for torturing people never scared her because she knew how loyal and kind the man was besides the things he had to do for the club⸺ even though this one wasn't club related but personal.

“Why?”, she questioned with a frown. “I mean, we don't even know if it was him.”

“That's why James and I gave him a visit to find out”, Happy explained, getting rid of his jeans. In only his boxers, he draped an arm around her waist to pull her against him, pressing the most gentle kiss on her forehead. “And I won't let anyone who touches my woman live.”

A pleasant grunt vibrated through his chest as her soft skin was pressed against his clammy one. She only wore a crop top and a pair of short pyjama pants, which let him see a lot of her skin. Her hair was thrown into a messy bun, yet she still managed to look hot as hell.