✿|³³

In disbelief and at the same time full of anger, she stared at the blonde who was standing in front of her with an apologetic look, his head cocked slightly as more words left his mouth. However, she only heard the words blurred, as if her head were under water. After Jax explained what had happened, that Happy and Tig were being taken by the Rivals and would probably die if the Sons couldn't convince Lin to play dead, her hearing had gone dead. Instead, she had disappeared into her own world, her thoughts racing.

The fear she felt and the concern for Happy quickly turned to anger. Anger at Jax and why he let this happen. To save Lyla, she knew that and was glad Lyla was safe, but Jax should have done something about the Rivals much sooner to prevent shit like this from happening.

The palm of her hand met Jax face as he tried to put a hand on her shoulder and comfort her, then she slammed her hands against his chest over and over again. He was the last one she wanted to be comforted by right now.

“Why did you let that happen?!”, she yelled at him, her eyes shining with tears forming in them. “You allowed these bastards to become a threat to your club. You should have done something right after they attacked Happy!”

It was James who pulled his sister back, his arms wrapped around her body in comfort as she burst into tears, probably on the verge of a breakdown. Secretly, he thought the same thing as her, that Jax should have acted sooner, but he also had to stand behind his Pres' decisions. Even if they weren't always the best for the club.

“There wasn't much I could've done, Cassie.” Jax let out a sigh, sincere compassion in his tone. He wasn't mad at her for lashing out at him, he kind of deserved it for letting this happen. “But we'll get them back, I promise.”

“Don't you dare to promise anything you can't keep”, she snarled at him and wriggled herself out of James' arms, coming face to face with Jax again. “I swear, if anything happens to Happy, I'm⸺”

“That's enough, Cassie”, James cut her off to stop her from making threats to Jax. Even though he was angry himself, Cassie was still just an Old Lady who had no right to speak to a member like that. Even if he understood it, but rules were rules.

Angrily she turned to James, pissed that he really wanted to tell her that she was about to cross a line. “Don't tell me what's enough! How would you react if they kept Lyla, huh?! Happy has a son who needs a father, a son that's not even two weeks old yet, and I need him, too. He would give his life for the club and you're still standing here instead of doing anything? I have every right to be angry!”

Genma, who had been with Cassie all afternoon and was still there, came to the younger woman's side and put an arm around her waist. She looked at Jax with a shake of her head. Right now even she was disappointed that the boys hadn't done more to protect Happy and Tig.

“She's not wrong. Ever since you started having problems with Tara, you've barely got a clear head for the club. We all support you, Jax, but you need to show others again that they can't mess with you and your club like that. You better get the boys back, and fast”, the matriarch spoke up, earning a surprised but grateful look from Cassie.

The Connor woman was glad that at least one other person agreed with her and told Jax the ugly truth.

Jax shoved his hands in his pockets, his mother's words ringing and repeating in his head making him sigh deeply. Apparently it was obvious that he had neglected the club somewhat at the moment and it angered him that they no longer had the status that other clubs feared back then. He knew he had to do something, and fast.

“A meeting with Lin is already planned. We'll meet in two hours and I'm sure he'll help us. I don't see why not, after all we're not really killing him. And once we have Happy and Tig back, I'll make sure our club will get respected again”, Jax promised.