✿|⁴³

She carefully unzipped the garment bag that contained her wedding dress and revealed it to Happy, who was seeing the dress for the first time

She carefully unzipped the garment bag that contained her wedding dress and revealed it to Happy, who was seeing the dress for the first time. Cassie was the one who suggested that the two of them to get ready together. She had never held much of the whole traditions of a wedding. It was all bullshit. Why should it bring bad luck if your partner sees you in a dress before the wedding? She never believed any of that.

Instead, she looked forward to the fact that he would be the first, other than Samantha and the saleswoman, to see her in it. This way she would also see his honest reaction. In front of all the guests he would never show the emotions he would show when they were alone. And that was okay with her, she knew who she was  getting married to today and not for millions of dollars she would change anything.

Happy, who hadn't got ready himself yet and was only wearing sweatpants, stepped next to her and placed a hand on her tailbone. He struggled with himself for a moment as he felt her bare skin against his palm. She stood next to him in nothing but lacy underwear that matched the color of the dress. But it wasn't the right time to make a move now, after all her hair and make-up were already done and he didn't want to ruin any of it just because he felt like fucking his Ol' Lady before the ceremony.

The SAA didn't let her see that he was nervous, but he was. A few years ago he was so sure that he would grow old alone with his dog and spend lonely nights in the club, every now and then with a Croweater in his bed. And now he was standing here in his own house, waiting to finally see his fiancee in her dress.

He himself was glad that Cassie had suggested that they get ready together. So neither of the two was under pressure when they saw the other for the first time in front of so many people. They wanted to keep the wedding small, but with two Charters plus their families it was almost impossible to keep it small. Now there were fifty two guests in their garden waiting for them to come outside.

“Do you like it?” Her soft voice tore him out of his thoughts. Looking at her, he saw that she was just as nervous.

“It looks good, little girl. But I can't say much about it until I see it on you. Put it on”, he ordered with a certain softness.

“Okay.” She took a deep breath and got the dress out of the garment bag and cautiously slipped into it. Turning around with her back facing Happy, she asked him if he could help her with the zipper, which he did.

A nervous feeling settled in the pit of her stomach as she turned back to Happy and let her hair fall back down her back so he could really see all of the dress. Like last week's fitting, it fit perfectly, still like a second skin, and brought  out all the right curves.

There was silence for a long moment while Happy let the sight sink in and memorized every little detail. His mouth suddenly went dry and he even had to swallow, which he rarely did. Who would have thought that a wedding dress could leave him so speechless.