Chapter 27

*Laylen's POV*

I stretched and looked around. Izzy wasnt in the bed anymore. She must have went down stairs. I walked down stairs to find her sitting on the couch flipping through channels. "Hey Laylen wanna go outside?" She asked jumping from the couch. "Sure!" I said lacing my fingers with hers. We ran out to the tree and I climbed up first. "Laylen help I'm gonna fall!!" She screamed and I turned around and reached down for her hand and then I heard a snap. She fell effortlessly through my fingers and lay motionless on the floor.

******************************

"IZZY!" I woke up screaming. "What?!?" She asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes. I opened my eyes. "Oh it was just a dream!" I breathed looking at Izzy. "What was just a dream?" Izzy asked rolling over to face me. "What did you dream about?" I looked at the clock 11:36. Ugghh to early! Oh wait! We had school today! Oh well. "I had a dream that you fell from the tree and when I tried to pull you up the branch snapped and there was nothing I could do." I explained rapping my arm around her pulling her into my chest. "Oh ok!" Izzy yawned.

"Are you ok?" She asked. "Yeah." I said closing my eyes and drifting back to sleep when I heard "Laylen?" "Hmm?" "I think I saw my dad yesterday." She said and every bit of shock rushed through me because David has been dead for years. "Are you sure?" I asked openingy eyes again. "No...but he knew who I was....and he looked so familiar and almost like me. And when I asked if I knew him he couldn't decide on an answer." She explained. "Did he say his name?" I asked. "No, but I just know it was him! It had to be!" She sighed. I grabbed her hand and felt her tense up. "Where did you see him?" I asked. "On my way home from school. He had a brief case and he was dressed in a suit. He said wow I would of expected you guys to move by now " I thought about that for a moment. What did David do for work? He was ummm a lawyer! But that was such a long time ago he could of changed. He did always say he wanted to be an artist. "He was a lawyer but he always said he wanted to be an artist." I suggested. "Yeah but he said he could never see himself leaving California he loved it here remember?" Izzy asked. "Yeah but it was a long time ago." I thought out loud. "Maybe. I just wish I could go back to that moment. Or even see that guy again. Just to see." She sighed.

"Well ya'know we did have school today right?" I asked changing the subject. "Crap! I forgot!" She scrolled. "Well we only have like a day left so let's stay home." I yawned. "Sounds good to me!"Izzy yawned back. "What should we do?" I asked. She grinned and said "Wake up the boys?!!?"

******************