𝟎𝟗: 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"Ms. Y/N, you have a letter addressed to you!" Katheryne tapped the girl on her shoulder, disrupting her activity. She lied on the grass at the back of the school, testing out the Primal Constructs she made.

She raised a brow, taking the letter from Katheryne's hand. "Who even writes letters nowadays?" She mumbled, opening the piece of paper.

Dear Y/N,

I've heard of your recent endeavors, and safe to say, I'm worried about you. I'm afraid you're pushing yourself too hard. It's been a while since we've spoken, so if you have the time, call out my name. I'd love to hear about your time there. Your happiness, failures, and everything in between. I'll be there to listen.

--Xiao

The girl smiled fondly, folding the piece of paper. "Katheryne, keep an eye on my Primal Constructs. I have some things to do." She stood up and walked away, not even giving Katheryne the chance to speak.

Y/N ran deeper into the forest at the back of the school, furthering her distance away from the building. She eventually stopped running, catching her breath for a bit, before she called out:

"Xiao!"

There was silence for a bit, before a voice appeared.

"You actually called."

The girl turned around, and there he was, Xiao, the Vigilant Yaksha and one of the Adeptus of Liyue Harbor.... Well, back then during the ancient times.

"You're so extra,you know that? Why are you standing on a tree branch?" The Yaksha disappeared, reappearing in front of the girl. "Hello Y/N."

"Hey, Xiao. How've you been?"

"I'm fine. What about you? Rex Lapis-- I mean, Zhongli, told me what happened. You should've called my name. I would've helped you." The girl chuckled, shaking her head. "It doesn't work like that, Xiao. I'm not allowed to call for outside help."

He nodded. "I see."

"How are things in Liyue-- I mean, China?"

"Everything is fine. I help some people who are in danger, which unfortunately caught some attention."

"Hm, I know how that feels..." Y/N mumbled. "How are Ganyu and Yanfei? Are they doing alright?" She asked.

"Yes. Surprisingly, the Qixing still exists to this day, and Ganyu's still the secretary. And Yanfei has a job as a Lawyer. They're the same as ever." Xiao informed.

"Is Qiqi still under your care?"

"Yes, I take care of her."

The two sat on the grass, a comfortable silence surrounded them. Neither of them needed to talk, and that was okay. They just needed a break from the hustle and bustle of their modern lives.

"Ms. Y/N, there you are!"

The two turned behind them to see the black haired robot calling out to the girl. "I was looking all over for you! It's time to go home."

"Is that the receptionist of the Adventurer's Guild?" Xiao asked with a raised brow. "Yes, and no. I just used Katheryne's name, appearance, personality, and manners of speaking. She's a completely different puppet." Y/N explained.

"Oh? You must be Sir Xiao! Mr. Zhongli and Ms. Y/N talk quite a lot about you." The Yaksha could feel the heat that crept up his cheeks and ears. "Ah, i-is that so...?"

"I need to go home now, Xiao. You're free to come along. Mr. Zhongli and Venti would be happy to see you." The girl offered, but the male had to refuse. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I still need to make sure Qiqi is safe. Maybe some other time."

Before Xiao could disappear again, he looked back at the girl. "Although little, I enjoy the time I spent with you today. I'll keep writing letters to you. You don't have to reply back. Just know that I'm here for you." And with that, the Vigilant Yaksha disappeared.

─•~✧~•─

It's been a few days since Xiao came to visit Y/N. The girl was currently at the development studio, assisting Hatsume with her 'babies'.

Suddenly, Katheryne entered the studio with a letter in hand. "Ms. Y/N, here's a letter from someone." The girl excused herself, walking over to her robotic puppet and taking the letter.

Dear Y/N,

Today, I walked alone on the beaches of what was once known as Guyun Stone forest and picked up several Starconches along the way. I heard that they contain secrets and can be used to send messages. But when I put them to my ear, I heard no voice. Just the hollow sound of the wind.
No matter.
The echoes of the past, and the sound of your voice is all I need to hear.
When you're free, come talk to me about what you've heard from the Starconches.

--Xiao

The girl smiled from ear to ear, taking out the 5 Starconches that came along with the letter. She put one of it up close to her ear, and all she could hear were memories and things that happened in the past.

The busy streets of Liyue Harbor...

The waves crashing against Guyun Stone Forest and Yaoguang Shoal...

The beautiful lights and fireworks that filled the sky during the Lantern Rite...

The calming wind that sung a melody in Qingyun Peak...

And the voices of all the people that have passed on.

"Ooh what's got you smiling that brightly? I don't think I've ever seen that expression on your face before!" Hatsume's voice snapped the girl out of her trance. "It's nothing. Let's get back to what we were doing, shall we?"

"M'kay! Whatever you say!"

"Katheryne, keep this for me." The girl told the robot, handing her the letter and the Starconches.

Katheryne looked at the girl, smiling sadly. She knows that the girl is an immortal being that has been alive for more than a thousand years. Y/N has seen the world change before her very eyes. Katheryne could only imagine the pain she went through as Y/N watched all her friends pass away while she continued to live on.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

((A/N: Just a little filler and some Xiao x Y/N 😊))