𝟎𝟕: 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

The conversation from earlier still left a bad taste in Y/N's mouth. Nahida and Katheryne had asked what was wrong, but she brushed it off, saying that it was fine.

Kunikuzushi didn't buy it, though. Before the final event started, he pulled Y/N to the side. "I know something's wrong. If you don't wanna talk about it right now, that's fine. But at least talk about it afterwards. Nahida and the others are worried."

The girl nodded. "Sure, Kuni. I need to go now. See you after the event." He nodded, the two saying goodbye to each other.

"It's the final event for the sports festival!" Present Mic announced. "From 4 teams, 16 individuals Have made it through! It's a tournament, and we're gonna pit 'em against each other in one-on-one combat!"

"Alright, now I'll determine who fights whom through this lottery! Once the matchups are decided, we'll do a fun bit of recreation, and then we'll commence!" Midnight said.

"Whether or not you want to join the recreation activities is up to you, since I'm sure many of you will be wanting to take a breather or reserve your strength." The pro hero added.

Suddenly, someone raised their hand, saying that they'd like to forfeit the match. It was a student from class 1-A who had a tail. Another student, this time from class 1-B, also wanted to forfeit.

Y/N couldn't bother to remember all the details. Something about not being worthy enough. Somehow, Midnight allowed it.

The girl looked at the screen, raising an eyebrow. "Who in the world is Sero?" She mumbled under her breath.

A few feet away from her was the boy named Sero, absolutely horrified that his first opponent was the girl who could control multiple elements.

"I guess that's him." Y/N said, catching a glimpse of his face. "Katheryne, run an analysis on him."

"Yes, Ms. Y/N. The data will appear on the Akasha Terminal's screen." The robotic puppet said. "Sero Hanta of class 1-A. His quirk is 'tape'. It allows him to shoot powerful lengths of tape from his elbows which are strong enough to support his own weight, or immobilize most opponents."

"So, he's a tape dispenser?" The girl deadpanned, earning a chuckle from the robot. "I suppose you could say that. What would you like to do before the match starts?"

The girl yawned. "I just wanna nap. Where are you?"

"I'm at the bleachers. Would you like me to come down and pick you up?" She shook her head. "No need. I see you."

Y/N arrived at where Katheryne sat, plopping next to her and taking a nap on her shoulder. "Isn't this uncomfortable for you, Ms. Y/N? My shoulder is as hard as metal.

"This is fine... Just let me... Sleep..."

─•~✧~•─

The girl slowly awaked to the sound of numerous voices around her, as if she were in a sports stadium. She opened her eyes and looked around.