𝟏𝟕: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"We meet again."

There was a silence after his greeting, with no one not really knowing what to say. It was midnight, hours after the blond twins, Aether and Lumine, came back from Teyvat. Y/N went off to bed, since she still had school, and the twins decided to take a walk around for a while.

And that's when they bumped into a familiar man with blond hair and blue eyes, idling near the abandoned shrine.

"You two have certainly grown. I was hoping I'd run into the two of you."

"Dainsleif." Lumine uttered. "You're still alive..."

"Such is the curse of immortality." He said, hatred evident in his tone. "So, you two are back."

"Yes. Something brought us back here, and we're gonna find out what it is." Dainsleif hummed. "Determined as ever, Aether. It's great to know you haven't changed." He smiled, looking up at Mt. Yougou. "I've figured you've met the girl, Y/N."

"Yes, we have." Lumine nodded. "Do you know her?"

"Mhm. Ever since she got her Abyssal Powers, I've been there for her, helping her control it. But it's been a few centuries since I've last spoken with her." Dainsleif said.

"Speaking of her Abyssal Powers..." Aether started, rubbing his chin in thought. "She's told us a bit about it, but she didn't say where she got the powers from. Do you happen to know the origin of her powers?"

Dainsleif nodded, telling them about the incident at the Chasm. Dainsleif happened to be there at the time and shook the girl awake.

He explained the capabilities of her powers, and how it darkens her body. If she uses it too much, than the darkness of the Abyss consumes her entire being until she's turned into a monster.

The twins were speechless, a bewildered look on their faces. "Poor Y/N..." Aether whispered with a pitiful expression. "Don't say that. She wouldn't appreciate it." Lumine said. "Besides, she's a strong girl. There's nothing she can't handle." She added.

"Anyways, Dainsleif. Since you've trained her, do you know how to maintain the darkness and keep it stable?" Lumine asked.

The blue eyed man shook his head. "Unfortunately, no. All you can really do to keep it at bay is to refrain from using it. There's really nothing to combat against the darkness." He said.

"Everything must come at a cost, after all."

"Aether, Y/N's going to be alright." Lumine reassured her twin upon noticing his disappointed face. "We'll find a way to help her, I'm sure of it."

─•~✧~•─

"What're you doing, windblume?" Venti popped up in Y/N's room, looking around the area. The closets were open, clothes everywhere, and there was an F/C luggage in the middle of it all.