𝟎𝟏: 𝐀 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

The immortal beings of Teyvat eventually came up with fake identities for themselves, living in their respective nations. However, those nations have also changed.

Liyue was now known as China, Mondstadt was Germany, Inazuma was Japan, and so on and so forth.

Y/N chose to stay in Japan with Raiden Ei, Yae Miko, and Kunikuzushi. And with the permission of Ei and Miko, she enrolled in the no.1 hero school, U.A.. But she's not there to be a hero. She only enrolled in the General Studies course to learn more about this current era.

Unfortunately, despite Y/N's insistent pestering, Kunikuzushi didn't agree to enrolling to U.A. along with her, seeing it as a waste of time. In his exact words, "I see no point in wasting my time with those worms."

Y/N sat in the back near the window in the General Studies classroom. At first, she thought that she was going to learn more about this era and gain new knowledge, and she did at first. But now, the days are getting repetitive, and it's getting boring.

She wonders if it's too late to drop out.

During lunch, or if the girl had free time, she'd visit the Support course and watch them tinker with various machines. It reminded her of the Kshahrewar department of the Sumeru Akademiya.

"Hey there Y/N! You here to watch?" One of the students of the support course, Mei Hatsume, greeted with a bright grin. The girl nodded, admiring the different machines, albeit her face remained stoic and nonchalant.

"Y'know, I've been taking your advice, and it worked! My inventions have been exploding less!" The pink haired girl boasted, her smile getting brighter as she gushed to the stoic girl about her inventions.

"Hm, that's nice to know, Hatsume." Was the girl's simple reply as she took note of the different inventions and how she could incorporate them to her Automatons. She's sure that Nahida would like to know more about modern inventions.

"You seem to be more interested in the support course rather than the general studies. Even Power Loader took note of that!" Mei commented as she continued to tinker with her current invention.

"It's because I am."

"If that's the case, then why don't you transfer here? I'm sure Power Loader would love to have you here! Your Automatons are really impressive and complex!"

"It's too much of a hassle... And I don't think anyone would be interested in my little robots..." Y/N mumbled. "But you're so good in inventing! That invention you gave me? The Akasha Terminal is so useful!" She praised, dragging Y/N inside.

"The Akasha Terminal was not my original idea. I just tinkered with it so it won't interfere with your dreams and your ability to think." The stoic girl nonchalantly said.

"Wait, it does what?"

"Don't think too much of it. I'd never endanger an innocent person."

"Oh, Y/N, could you come over here for a sec?" Power Loader requested when he entered the classroom. The girl walked over to the teacher, asking what he needed. "So, I had a word with your homeroom teacher, and we agreed to let you do a field assignment in the USJ."

Y/N tilted her head to the side. "Field assignment?"

"Mhm. You're task is to observe what students go through in order to become a hero. He wants to hear the thoughts of his ace student. And at the same time, you need to make sure that nothing in the facility malfunctions." Power Loader explained.

"I understand the first assignment, but why do I need to make sure nothing malfunctions? That sounds more like a job for a student in the support course..." The girl grumbled at the amount of work.

"Yes, but you happen to be one of the best inventors of this school. And you aren't even in the support course. This is an opportunity for us to observe your capabilities."

Y/N nodded, although with a small frown. "Of course."

The day ended, and Y/N quickly weaved through the crowd of students, careful not to be seen. She reached the gates of the school, surprised to see a short male with dark indigo hair waiting for her.

"Tsk, took you long enough." The male grumbled with a tired sigh.

"Oh, if it isn't Kunikuzushi. I'm surprised that you're here."

"Don't get the wrong idea. The vixen told me to pick you up. She says I spend too much time on those videogames, and I need to go outside more often." Y/N snickered at the male. "Pfft, vixen? Are you talking about Miko? Do you think she'd approve of you calling her such a name?"

"Quite frankly, I don't care. Anyways, anything interesting happened at that school?" He asked as they started to walk back to their home. "I was given a field assignment to observe the hero course students and give my thoughts. I also need to make sure nothing malfunctions in the facility" The girl replied.

"Oh how interesting." Kunikuzushi mumbled sarcastically. "If something does malfunction, I'm sure those wannabe heroes can take care of it."

─•~✧~•─

Y/N arrived early at school like always, bringing a miniature automaton that was tucked away safely in her bag.

The space hero known as Thirteen was waiting for Y/N by the gate. The hero waved at the girl, ushering her over. "Hello, you must be Y/N! I've heard many great things about you from your teacher and from Power Loader. They seem really proud of you."

"Hm, let's get this over with, shall we?" The girl hummed, earning a nod from the hero.

The two rode a bus to the USJ. As soon as they arrived, Y/N immediately bid farewell to the hero and made her way inside the facility.

The girl took the miniature automaton out of her bag, placing it down on the floor. And after a press of the button, the small robot transformed into a Ruin Guard.

Using her own version of the Akasha Terminal, she would be able to control the robot while observing the hero course students.

"Hello there, 1215-A." She greeted. "You're job is to check the maintenance below this facility. Understood?" The automaton let out a mechanical noise before it followed the girl's orders.

"Hm, at least it can follow simple commands." She hummed to herself as she observed the automaton's actions through the Akasha Terminal.

And now, all she had to do was wait for those hero course students to show up.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•