𝟏𝟖: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Within the span of a few hours, Kouta had grown to like Y/N. The boy was attached to her by the hip, following her around like a lost puppy.

It was already 5:00 in the afternoon, and the class 1-A students still haven't arrived at the lodge. Y/N sat on the ground outside the lodge, while Kouta watched her tinker with some machine. Katheryne stood nearby with a tray of food, while mechanical parts were arranged on the ground haphazardly.

"What're you making?" He asked, raising a brow at the triangular object in her hand. "Something. You'll see, eventually." She replied, wiping the bead of sweat on her forehead.

"There. It's finished."

"What is it, exactly?"

"This is the Light Guiding Tetrahedron. Just press this light blue button in the middle, and it'll transform into something." She explained, handing the object to the boy. "Here you go, Kouta."

His eyes widened, carefully holding the strange item. "H-huh? Why are you giving this to me?"

"If ever you get into a dangerous situation, ASIMON will be there to protect you. So make sure you have it with you at all times." Y/N said with a small smile. "And make sure you're in a large area. ASIMON is quite big."

"Oh. Okay, I guess. Thanks, Y/N." Kouta held the Tetrahedron in both hands, admiring how it shone underneath the light.

"You very rarely give anyone your inventions, Ms. Y/N." Katheryne said softly, helping the girl keep her mechanical equipment. "It's a surprise, but in a good way. Who knew someone as stoic as you held a fondness for children?" She teased, smiling at the girl's cheeks that were a light pink.

"Be quiet, Katheryne. Otherwise, I might store you in the storage closet. Collecting dust, never to be seen again." She threatened with a glare.

The robot scoffed, a small smirk on her face. "Ms. Nahida wouldn't allow it. Besides, you need me."

After about 10 minutes, the class 1-A students finally arrived, walking out of the forest with cuts and bruises. Their uniforms were dirty, and their bodies were sweaty and tired.

"Finally!" Pixie-Bob drawled out. "You're here!"

"Hm, they've finally arrived." Y/N said, walking over to the group while Kouta and Katheryne followed closely behind.

"Lucky Y/N... She didn't have to go through that entire thing!" Mineta seethed. "That's because she's not in the hero course, idiot." Denki insulted. "Besides, she would've breezed through that entire thing like it was nothing." Sero added.

"Hello, Todoroki." The girl walked over to the male, greeting him with a barely-noticeable smile. "Huh? Oh, hey Y/N." He greeted back, standing up straight.