𝟑𝟒: 𝐒𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"I don't expect you to listen and halt all of your research just because I said so..." Dainsleif began with a sigh. From all the stories that's been told -- The cataclysm of Khaenri'ah, the incident in Sumeru that lead to the ruin of the Grand Sage Azar -- Y/N should've known that a person's hubris will be their downfall.

But she was too blinded by her unquenchable desire for anything from the unknown.

"...But please. For yours and the sake of others, try not to kill yourself while pursuing your need for knowledge."

Y/N said nothing, staring at her darkened limbs instead. She knows she's wrong. She knows the risk of her experimenting with something so dangerous. But she can't deny that the feeling is exhilarating and almost euphoric.

"I'll try, Dain." And she swears that it isn't a lie. "For my sake... And for the others."

"You have my thanks." Dainsleif really does trust her to make an effort to not off herself. But at the same time, he doesn't.

So when the two parted ways, the man immediately made his way up to Mt. Yougou. Interacting with any of the divine seven put a bitter taste in his mouth. Yes, it's been more than thousands of years since the fall of the kingdom he once called home, but grudges cannot be let go that easily.

But for the sake of his dearest friend, he'll let go of his bitterness for now.

─•~✧~•─

Katheryne feels different. As if something is off.

You know that feeling of waking up from the deepest of slumbers and feeling groggy afterwards? That's what her robotic body was feeling.

She looked around. Y/N's room looked the same as ever. Mechanical parts everywhere, shelves filled with books and scrolls, and her sleeping form on the bed.

Looking over to the clock, her eyes widened when it read 1:46 in the afternoon. She got up swiftly, ignoring the rusty feeling in her mechanical joints, and shook the girl awake.

"Ms. Y/N! Ms. Y/N wake up, it's past lunch! You're already late for your classes!"

"Ugh..." The girl groaned, slowly peeling her eyes open. "Katheryne, it's a Saturday..."

"Ah." The robot scratched her head, eyes closing in contemplation. 'I never get dates mixed up. There must be something wrong with my system. I should let Ms. Y/N check it out.'

Y/N, however, knew exactly why Katheryne was acting this way. 'This is just a side effect of being deactivated for an extended amount of time. Her system is fine, it just needs a few minutes to load.'

"You must be famished, Ms. Y/N. Do you fancy anything at the moment?" Katheryne brushed off her concern in favor of worrying over her creator.

"No, but thanks."