𝟐𝟑: 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"Dain!"

The tall blond looked behind him, seeing the girl with H/C hair running up to him with two Xiao lanterns and a brush.

"What are you doing all alone up here on Mt. Tianheng? Wouldn't you rather be down in the harbor with everyone else?" She asked with a tilt of her head, a bright grin on her face as she plopped down beside him.

"I don't know your friends well, Y/N. And you know how much I hate crowds..." He replied. "What do you have there?"

"Oh, these?" She giggled, handing one of them to the blond. "These are Xiao lanterns! You write your wishes on it and you release it up into the sky! I brought these for the two of us!"

"Hm." He hummed, taking one of the lanterns. "Thank you, Y/N." He looked down on the little girl who was already writing on the Xiao lantern, tongue sticking out as the brush glided across the lantern.

"Done! It's your turn, Dain!" She handed him the brush. "Go on, make a wish!"

"Hm, I don't have any wishes as of the moment..."

"Aww c'mon! Just think of anything!" She huffed. Dainsleif chuckled at the girl's puffy cheeks. "You can even wish for a life-time supply of food! Just wish for anything! It'd be boring if I were the only one to make a wish...!"

"Fine, fine..." He caved in after seeing the pout on her face.

"Here. I'm done." He said after how many seconds of writing.

"Ooh! What did you wish for?"

"If I tell you, then it wouldn't come true." He chuckled at Y/N's glare. She didn't look threatening at all...

"Can I see? It's not technically saying it out loud! I'm just reading it in my head! If you want, we can read each other's wishes!" The two exchanged lanterns, reading each other's wishes in their head.

'I wish too meet my creator, the Traveler! I also want everyone to be happy! And a life-time supply of Tri-color Dango :)'

Dainsleif snorted at the poorly drawn smiley face at the end. He looked at the girl from the corner of his eyes, a sad smile on his face. Although he felt bitter towards the Gods, he was ultimately grateful to them for raising Y/N into the girl she is today.

Had they not been there during her creation, he can't imagine how Y/N would turn out to be. Would she hate the world? Would she be alone and defenseless? He doesn't want to think about it...

'I wish for Y/N's happiness as she grows older. May she always have that bright smile that many have grown to love and adore.'

"Aww, thanks Dain!" She said with a smile, as they handed each other their original lanterns. The two lifted the Xiao Lanterns up into the air, watching as it joined the other lanterns in the sky.