CHAPTER 50

After a few years:
Avneet was laying down the bed holding the bed sheets tightly. She couldn't bear the pain more.
The female doctor was quick enough to help her relax.

Doctor- Its a girl queen. Congratulations to the new mother.

Tears shed from her eyes. Not the tear of pain but of happiness.
She forgot all her pain when she heard the newborn girl crying. She craved to hold her in her arms but she needed to get cleaned up first.

Santi Nagar really developed these years. They no longer belief that a girl is a curse.
The woman has been helping the men in various sectors and the nation was developing. Yet few people disliked the idea, but they were safe and happy at the end of the day. That is all mattered.

The news spread faster than the speed of light. Everyone were happy...
But something bothered Avneet. She wasn't feeling good. Her husband, better known as the King was out for some business proposals.
He rarely had enemies so he had to attend the parties to keep a peaceful relation.

[I am currently wishing to write some sad scenes. Why don't I give it a (smirk*)....]

Avneet was feeding her baby.

Avu- Wait a few days baby, your father will return soon...he will he the happiest to see you. Anyways, I love you more okay?

She smiled finding the baby sleeping.

Avu- Can you hear me? I am your mother baby... And I am saying this on the first day itself, you must be my girl...you shouldn't pair up with your father okay?

She smiled wider with the thoughts of Siddharth's reaction.

Avu- Your father would be so happy to see you. Your eyes aren't clear yet but I think your eyes are like him.

She kissed her forehead and laid beside her.

Avu- Good Night baby...sleep well.

But as soon as her eyes got closed the girl screamed and she immediately patted her.

Avu- I need to get used to this. (Sigh) You are so naughty!
______________

The girl opened her eyes for the first time after three days
(Incase if you don't know, the baby after being born can't see. They needs to adjust themself to tht light which wasn't there in his/her mother's womb).

There was a laughter of happiness. Thr former queen, Siddharth's mother wasn't happy because it was a girl but her eyes are so beautiful that the moment she saw them, she loved her grandchild more than anything.

But after Siddharth and Avneet the most happy person was Ruksaar. She has seen Siddharth growing up and Avneet too. And its their baby today. She feels likr a proud mother.
Piddi and her husband too congratulated her.
Piddi squished the baby's cheek and she began crying to which Piddi was scolded.
The happiness was doubled when they heard the royal horses.

Avu- He returned!
She ran to the main door leaving her child with Ruksaar and Piddi.

But the soldiers didn't look happy.

Avu- What happened? Why are your faces looking lost?

They were quite. Her heart beat faster. She went to his personal body guard.

Avu- Please tell me what has happened Ramu bhaiya?

Ramu- K...king is...
Avneet was in the verge of crying.

Avu- WHY CAN'T YOU SPEAK UP CLEARLY!

Ramu- He...he is fighting for his life...
Avneet fell down.

Ramu- Q...queen...
To her it seemed the world was spinning.

Avu- What has happened to him?
Ramu- Someone poisoned his water bottle while we were returning. We kept him in the palace of Bijay Nagar (the place where Siddharth went).

Avu- HOW ARE YOU GUYS SO CARELESS!
Ramu- S...sorry Q..

Avu- I want to go to him. Take me to him.
By the time Ruksaar and Krishna Kumar has appeared too.

Ruksaar- Are you out of your mind Avneet... I can understang you...but

Avu- Ammi, I have never asked something from you. Please let me go today. Its my first time asking something from you.

Ruksaar couldn't speak after her statement.

Krishna- Avneet, you can go. He might need you. Go to him.

Avneet didn't bother to listen to anyone after that. Bijay Nagar was the nearest to their Kingdom. She rode her horse and went out of the palace.

She didn't care about the soldiers or safety. She just wanted to see her husband alive...
All their memories came to her mind. The way he taught her to ride the horse...the way he fed her when her hand was injured due to sword fighting....the way he pamperes her...the way he cares for her and the way he loves her...

Avu- Nothing will happen to you...please  don't close your eyes.

By the evening she reached the palace of Bijay Nagar. She looked messy and scary. The guards blocked her way.

Avu- Please, let me meet the king. He knows me. My husband, he is here. I am Avneet Nigam.

Guard- We know woman like you. Just go from here. And don't you know you should wear a veil?

Avu- I don't have time please...

Guard- Will you go or will I have to use my way?

Avu- WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!
Guard- Voice low. Hmm, you look pretty btw, where are you from?

He was testing her patience. Her husband was fighting for life and here he wasn't letting her go inside.

She took out her sword and attacked him. The other guards were shocked. Due to the chaos, the king sent his minister. His eyes widened seeing the neighbouring queen fighting with their guards.

Avu- Minister, I am Avneet Nigam.
Minister- yes queen...You Fools! Don't you know who she is. Please forgive them queen, please come inside.

Avneet ran inside. She didn't know in which room Siddharth was, but she wasn't in her right sense. She somehow found the room as the minister guided him. He could feel her mental condition.

She went inside and the view broke her heart. Siddharth was laying in the bed barely breathing.

Avu- Can you please excuse us?
Minister- Yes Queen.

He ordered the maids to go out and he himself took a leave too.
________

Avneet stepped closer to him. Her vision was blurry as the tears were in a verge of coming out.

She sat down and held his hand. She couldn' control herself anymore.

Avu- Why...why are you laying here like this. Is this a time to act huh? Open your eyes I said.

He was unconcious. He couldn't listen to her.
_______________