Chapter 37

Avneet went there with a heavy heart. She was wondering why he called her. Reaching there she found him waiting for her.
She was looking down to stop her from crying. 
He was very happy seeing her. 

Sid(in mind)- I knew you will come...
They stood in silence for sometime until he decided to break it.

Sid(Softly)- Avneet...I am sorry
Avu(calm)- You need not to be. 

Sid- I have a lot to tell you today. Will you please give me the time?
Avu- Please don't speak like this. You were not wrong rajkumar...

He sat smiling at her words and sat down followed by her. But he noticed she sat at a distance than they generally sits.

Sid- Do you remember, once you told me your father didn't left us because he couldn't fight against his disease but you suspect he was killed which you don't want to belief?

She hummed as a response.

Sid- I think I know who killed him.
Avu- What! H-e was ki...killed?

Sid- Yes. And that's no one except zafar.
Avu- You mean Surbhi's... Surbhi mam's father?

He sighed.

Sid- Yes. Your uncle's name was Hardeep right? Zafar's real name is Hardeep. He is your uncle Avneet....so Surbhi is your cousin.

Avu- What are you saying?

Sid-I know it's not easy to belief but whatever I am saying is the truth. I went to his secret chamber.
FLASHBACK:
Siddharth dressed as zafar's men and went inside his cave. He hired a man from him paying him a large amount of money. He went there and signaled that man to control there while he went inside his room.  He surfed a lot when zafar wasn't there. He saw a portrait of a man. He took it and safely reached home.
END OF FLASHBACK.

Sid- Another day I intentionally invited him to my palace and made him drunk. At that time I asked him what was his name, but he is so adamant he didn't tell his name, instead agreed that he had a brother. I asked father and he said that what I was thinking is true. Father hided it from me because zafar told him that he will harm me if he reveals me. And that potrait is of your grandfather. I showed it to an uncle with whom your father was close to. He is old now but recognised him easily.

As he stopped he found her sobbing silently. 

Sid- I know its hard to belief, but don't cry Avneet...

Avu- I am not crying because of that! 
Sid- Then?

Avu- Why did you risk it alone rajkumar? You said we are friends, then I would I helped you out. What if Zafar did anything to you? 

Sid- What more can he do from kill...
His words were cut as she placed her hand upon his lips. He noticed how close they were sitting...

"When did we come so close?" he thought.
But he threw away his thoughts as her eyes were speaking a lot then...they were teary and had the concern for him. He gently placed his hand upon hers as they both felt different uncontrollable feeling.
He removed her hand from his mouth but didn't let go of it.

Sid- He can't...because her daughter loves me.
Her face fell as she heard him that he knows about Surbhi's feeling.

Avu(in mind)- Why can you understand everyone except me rajkumar?

Maybe because she looked down, he noticed her becoming sad when he held her hand with a better grip.

Sid- I will expose him Avneet.
She looked at him more like glaring.

Avu- What is the need of all these? You just marry Surbhi mam and end his chapter.
Sid(in mind)- Are you serious Avneet! Here are trying to fight for you and you are just wishing my and Surbhi's future?

Sid- You wan't us to get married?
She looked away.

Avu- Everyone wants that.
Sid(in mind)- Why are you lying?

Sid- But I will still expose zafar. I won't accept people who are harmful in my nation. Be it a beggar, be it my wife.
She couldn't help her from admiring his thought.

Avu(in mind)- Thats why I don't deserve an angel like you. 

Sid- I will expose him and you can't do anything about it, so coming to the point...
She was getting angry on him as he has always been so careless to himself. He doesn't fear his dangers.

Avu- Why can't you understand that you have danger is these things! Can't you think what might happen if something happens to you!

He loved how she was caring for him indirectly.

Sid- No one cares.
He said enjoying watching her getting annoyed! 

Avu- What do you  mean! Those kids who you  are an idol, those old people who will face problem! After you started getting into your kingship can't you see how much the nation improved! You don't ask high tax etc. etc.  Think of Ashi ji! Your father,  your mother! What will happen to Surbhi who loves you? What about your nation! What about me....

Her heart skipped a beat as she spoke about herself which she wasn't supposed to. She mentally slapped herself but tried keeping a stern face. But her tries failed when she saw his teasing smile. She gulped in nervousness and stood up making the situation more obvious.

Sid(in mind)- Do you love me too Avneet?

He stood up and went beside her. She was fidding her fingers of nervousness thinking what to do. He smirked and pulled her by her waist as she placed her hands on his chest breathing heavily.

Sid(deeply)- What were you saying?
Avu- I...I was saying t...that you sh..shouldn't do s...such dangerous t...things.

Sid(huskily)- I want to know what will happen to you?
He said as he pulled her closer teasing her more feeling her getting nervous.

Avu- I... I will feel b...bad.
Sid- Just bad?

She lowered her gaze biting her lips. 

Sid- Nothing will happen to me Avneet... You will be there to help me.
Avu- Me?

Sid- Yes I need your help. Is it okay now? You don't want me to face danger alone right? Lets fight together then.
He said leaving her.

Avu- How shall I help you?
Sid- Please join in the palace as my personal maid.

Her eyes widened.

Avu- You know right....
Sid- I know what a shame it is to get kicked out from the palace, but you weren't at fault. No one will tell you anything because I have appointed you.

Avu- But...
He looked at her with a soft gaze with pleading eyes. His eyes spoke more than his words.

Avu- Okay...But Piddi she won't...
Sid- Oh my god that girl! Who can harm me more when she is there in my palace itself! 

She chuckled hearing which he felt peace.

Avu- I apologies on behalf of her.
Sid- Its okay...I will protect you from Surbhi. If she days anything to you, just tell me don't you dare to hide. 

He held her hand and kept it on his head.
Sid- Give my swear.

She took her hand back. He understood her situation.

Sid(in mind)- I know you don't want to create misunderstanding between this so called of surbhi and me. 

Sid- Avneet...
Avu- I cant swear on you but I will.

He held her cheeks softly and pulled her towards himself. They stared at eachother when their eyes spoke a lot. He leaned until she felt his lips on her forehead. He backed off but wasn't ready to leave her. Their noses touched while they rested their heads together. Her hands went to his chest but soon they parted as a a bird chirped loudly.

Sid- I will wait for you. I know you won't break my trust.