51. Frontline

Nobody actually thought this day would come.

None of the weeping families and loved ones from Hayari and its allies actually thought that this day would come. Where their daughter, wife, son or husband would have to fight a war.

Many people didn't believe it until they had to send off their loved ones to the front line.

But the warriors of Hayari knew the depth of the war and its consequences.

Lyris knew.

Viridian knew.

They all knew.

They were stronger for that, since they'd fight harder not to protect themselves, but those that they love.

"Dian," Lyris' voice was stoic as he stood in the front, facing their enemies on war ground.

Viridian looked down at his mate beside him, and Lyris continued talking.

"If something happens to me I wa-"

Viridian scoffed.

"The fact that you think that I'll let something happen to you."

Lyris didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that statement. "It's inevitable."

Viridian now looked straight ahead. "I quite like defeating the odds."

Lyris sighed. "Whatever. I love you."

Viridian had to cover up his chuckle. "How romantic."

"I didn't hear you say it back." Lyris said robotically.

"Whatever. I love you too." Viridian amused his mate but he meant what he said.

They were all armed. Hayari and its allies, all of them were armed.

Armed to the teeth.

Men and women were standing in the correct order. Technological weapons were ready to use from both sides and medical camps were set up not too far away from the war ground.

Of course people were afraid. Every single one of them. Viridian won't say it out loud, but he's the one who's afraid the most. Afraid of losing his mate and well, people do crazy things when they're afraid.

And Viridian, might do a lot of crazy things.

People were afraid, but they always kept in mind the they were doing this--so that their loved ones can live in peace.

Malek was looking at their enemy side with a steel gaze.

Akaashi nudged him.

Malek turned to look at him with a raised brow. "What?"

"Don't die."

Malek smiled, shaking his head.

"Not at all."

Mere seconds later both the sides were clashing and detonators went off on all sides, instantly destroying the land.

Lyris was not wasting any time but he didn't like to get his hands dirty, so he shot at the people who ran towards him. He didn't kill them, but he did put them in a two-day coma, with a sleep inducing bullet.

Hayari was well advanced in terms of technology more than any other pack.

The knife given to them by the grand elder witch was sitting comfortably in Lyris' boot, and nobody knew how it worked, so he thought it was a useless weapon. But he was proven wrong when it slipped out of his boot and created a visible barrier, trapping him inside it.

"What the fuck?" He panted.

A witch tried to break down the barrier with her spell and magic but it didn't seem to work. Nothing could come inside the barrier.