32. Interesting convos

Viridian was standing in front of Ralon Valdev with a scowl etched on his face, as they stood arguing against the foyer of the Valdev Clan's main house (the equivalent of the Werewolf Clan's pack house).

"You're being an asshole, Viridian." Ralon glared at the half-vampire.

Viridian scoffed, looking away. "Does it look like I give a fuck?"

Ralon sighed, looking disappointed. "You don't, your mate does."

The half-vampire was tongue-tied. There was nothing he could say to defend himself when it came to his mate. He was strongly insistent that he'd never apologize because according to him, he didn't do anything wrong.

"Apologize to him Viridian," Ralon rubbed his temples, closing his eyes.

"What, no."

Ralon exhaled, opening his eyes.

"You know, if I weren't related to you, I'd say Lyris deserved better."

Ralon walked away after having said that, leaving Viridian speechless.

--

Lyris was peeping through the peep hole of Malek's cabin, but he couldn't see anything except the outline of his living room.

"Ahem." Rama coughed, startling his Captain.

Lyris turned around casually. "I was just visiting." He cleared his throat, looking at Rama.

"By peeping through the peep hole?" Rama raised a brow.

"I had to check if he was inside, I shouldn't barge in." Lyris defended himself.

"But you can spy on him?"

Rama was relentless.

"It's my duty to check on my Beta."

"You mean spy on him."

Lyris snorted. "What a load of bull."

"Anyway, Captain, we received a letter from the All-Clan meeting committee, about the no man's land," Rama informed.

"So early?" Lyris stepped down from the cabin entrance and walked with Rama to his office.

"Yes, they want a confirmation reply within a week."

Lyris nodded and got to work, writing a confirmation letter. Rama left the office with the letter in his hand. Important and sensitive matters like the conformation letters are given in-person instead of messaging the said party. This method of communication was insisted by the All-Clan committee themselves.

Lyris leaned forward towards his desk, reviewing reports from his Squad and signing taxes for the pack house.

Kole burst through the office doors, making Lyris sigh. "You, are going out with us today."

Lyris rolled his eyes. "And why's that?"

"Because you're a fucking workaholic and you're only nineteen!"

Lyris saw this coming. His friends are extreme, but Kole? He's the tip of the iceberg.

"And where exactly do you plan on taking me?"

Kole smirked.

--

Lyris could not handle the amount of mundanes dancing around the club and the smell of alcohol made him want to puke, but thankfully, he seemed to have his earbuds on.

"Lyris, loosen up man," Kole cheered, hanging off a grunting Jashin.

"I can't stomach alcohol." Lyris stated, sitting on the bar stool beside the bar.