8. Limousine

Viridian

"I'm not sure why we're standing here?" Tolen grunted.

"Because a dumbass werewolf is squeamish of blood," Lyris muttered, glancing at Malek.

Tolen stared at Malek wide-eyed.

"You don't like blood?"

"I'm not a fucking vampire," Malek snapped, losing his cool momentarily.

"How the fuck do you go around hunting then?"

Tolen asked curiously, inching towards Malek.

"I don't."

Malek replied quietly.

"How do you kill?"

Tolen asked, being excessively inquisitive. He never seemed to care for stuff, but the boy seemed eager to know.

"He kills without the blood, there are numerous ways, we have a separate troop for that in Hayari."

Lyris explained.

"A group that doesn't do bloodshed?"

"Yeah, they cover the C range." Lyris replied.

"That's... cool."

Tolen said and nodded his head.

Tolen and Malek helped Lyris and Viridian take care of the hunters two hours ago, and are currently standing outside of the pack house of Hayari, while Viridian was inside speaking privately with Patrick.

A small kid came running towards Malek, giggling all the while.

Lyris bent down to pick the small child up, who laughed loudly, before pulling his hair.

"Who is he?" Tolen asked, leaning against the tree behind him.

"He's our nephew," Malek and Lyris said simultaneously, making Tolen raise a brow.

"You have a sibling?" Tolen asked Malek.

"No, this is our second cousin's son," Malek replied, pinching the small child's cheek.

Tolen stood in front of Lyris to look at the kid, who grinned at him.

"I'm Tolen," the witch extended his hand, smiling lightly.

"I'm Sal!" The kid said enthusiastically, shaking Tolen's index finger.

"Hey Sal, how old are you?" Tolen asked, picking him up from Lyris.

The other two teenagers looked quite shocked to see Tolen interact with the kid the way he was.

Tolen didn't seem all that cheery but that sure changed when he started playing rock-paper-scissor with the kid.

Malek gave Lyris a knowing look before glancing back at his nephew in Tolen's arms.

Lyris snapped his head to the side when he felt the familiar fuzzy sensation in his heart.