1. Boundaries

Lyris

Lyris groaned loudly when the bell rang, his platinum blonde hair flopping with his movements.

He clutched his ears, trying to tune out the sharp ringing in his ears.

"Fucking mundanes," he muttered, glaring heatedly at the door to his classroom.

Lyris' couldn't help the growl that spilled past his lips, his werewolf genes eminent in the sound that escaped his lips.

Malek rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Chill, you should've brought your earbuds," he reprimanded.

Lyris narrowed his eyes at his best friend, clearly frustrated.

"Shut up," he muttered and stood up from his desk, grabbing his bag with him and hiking it up on his shoulder.

"We have the rest of the day off, Patrick ordered it."

Malek informed, mentioning the acting Alpha of their pack.

Lyris frowned.

"Why wasn't I informed?"

"Because you don't have a phone like normal people," Malek taunted.

"I don't need those dumb things--extra weight, and sophisticated. None of that," Lyris shook his head and clicked his tongue.

Malek shook his head and stared straight ahead as they walked through the busy hallway of Orion High, which was built on no man's land, which meant that it was open to all supernaturals.

"I don't understand the purpose of your speech, Lyris," Malek commented.

"You make no sense, Malek," Lyris mimicked his friend.

"I don't understand how you're so chill. We only have seven more months of school, and then you have to fight for your position as alpha. Plus you also need a mate before your coronation. Aren't you stressed at all?"

Malek asked, his voice laced with equal amount of concern and curiosity.

Lyris shrugged.

"Being Alpha is just like a ten mark test. I have bigger plans."

"Like what?"

"Like ruling the werewolf clan."

Malek laughed.

"Good joke, almost had me there."

Lyris looked annoyed.

But he didn't expect anybody to understand his need to change things around.

He wanted to live up to his parents' name and make them proud. He would have to rightfully fight for the title of Alpha since his parents ran the pack before him, but passed away when he was only seven years old, which led to his uncle leading the pack.

His uncle also being Malek's father.

"Whatever pest, I'm going ahead."