*⁠.⁠✧Chapter 76: Loss Of Tomorrow*⁠.⁠✧

"Sometimes people you trust the most can just turn on you."

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

The ninja were in the base as they didn't know what to do now. Kai's parents were there as they comforted their son and Jay after what happened to Nya. (Y/n) could be seen with dried up tears in her face as the others just talk about what's next. She didn't listen to their voices as she zoned out from reality. The tears just started up again as she could hear the voices fade away more. She heard her name be called on as she returns to reality...

Lloyd: "(Y/n)...?"

She wipes her tears off.

(Y/n): "Huh? What? What happened? What is it?"

Cole: "You alright there? You seem a little distance from us than before."

(Y/n): "I'm fine. Nothing is wrong."

Lloyd: "You're still thinking about her, aren't you?"

She stood there quietly while everyone knew she was thinking about her, knowing that she blames herself for Nya's sacrifice.

Jay: "It's not your fault, (Y/n)."

Cole: "Yeah... it's just how the cookie crumbles."

She didn't say anything as she looks away. It true. She blames herself like how she blamed herself for Jace's death. Lloyd puts his hand on her shoulder as he tries to comfort her but she just takes it off while she zoned out again.

Cole: "Lloyd, give her time. They were very close to each other and had a strong bond."

Lloyd: "But I'm worried. She has been like this for weeks and hasn't able to focus right."

Zane: "Grief can be taken in different ways. Bargaining is one of them and she has that but it seems she hasn't moved on over time. If this continues, this will affect her deeply in many ways."

They looked at her as she continues to zone out. Her fingers tapped on the table while her mind goes somewhere else.

Maya: "(Y/n)? Sweetie?"

The voice of Maya got through her as she looked up to her.

Maya: "I know you been through a lot before and you are now but-"

(Y/n): "You don't have to remind me. I've carried much more grief..."

She looks into the edge of the base as she sat down.

(Y/n): "Sure. Grief came back and decided to hit me with the worse thing. Taking away Nya."

Kai: "You're acting like you're the only one who misses Nya. She was my sister."

(Y/n): "And she was a best friend. She helped me when I was down. She helped me with my condition."

Cole: "What condition?"

She sat there quietly and didn't respond this question. She didn't tell them about that.

Cole: "You haven't told us something yet, have you?"