♪Chapter 7: Ancient History♪

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

Unfortunately for the ninja, they couldn't stop Aspheera from getting the forbidden scroll. They saw Aspheera leave the city with her gianormus snake.

Lloyd: "We gotta stop that thing."

Zane: "Wait, Lloyd. Aspheera has beaten us twice, and with the scroll, she is more powerful than ever."

Lloyd: "We can't just give up."

Zane: "I am not proposing that. But Master Wu taught us to think before rushing into battle. We need to know more about her and the other Deceiver. Perhaps then, we will find a way to defeat her."

Kai: "You're talking ancient Serpentine history."

Cole: "Yeah, who do you plan to ask?"

Jay: "What about Scales? Well, he's Serpentine. Maybe he knows."

Nya: "The Serpentine don't usually get involved."

Cole: "Only one way to find out."

Lloyd: "Okay, Jay, Cole and Kai, you guys track down Scales. Find out what you can."

Kai: "Well, what are you gonna do?"

Lloyd: "We're gonna see if we can slow Aspheera down and get that scroll back. Come on!"

They all went their ways as Cole, Jay and Kai went down to sewers.

Jay: "Aw. Why does Scales have to live in a sewer? Doesn't the smell bother him? It smells like Cole's socks."

Cole: "Hey."

They started walking around the sewers until they come apon 3 tunnel ways. They all have a symbol on top of them.

Cole: "Oh, great. I don't suppose either of you know how to read Serpentine?"

Kai: "Nope."

Jay: "Not me."

Cole: "Ah. We should have brought Zane."

What they didn't know is that something was coming fast behind them as they spoke.

Kai: "Well, we might as well flip a coin."

Jay: "Oh, what's the difference? Which tunnel was it again?"

Cole: "I say we go back and-" *Gasps*

Right behind them were three Serpentine, pointing a spear at Cole and the others. They took them and brought them Infront of a gate. Well... Actually throw Infront of the gate.

Cole: "Hey, watch it.

Jay: "Yeah, we're friends with Scale, you know."

Kai: "And he's not gonna be happy when he hears you were shoving us around.

The gate opens to reveal Scales.

Scales: "Is that what we are? Friends?"

Kai: "Sure we are, right? Pal?"

Scales: "Every time you come down here, it's because someone is trying to destroy the surface world."

Cole nervously chuckles once Scales was right about that part.

Kai: "You're right. We're here because someone's attacking the surface world, and we need your help. Okay? We need to know about Aspheera and the Treacherous Deceivers."

Scales: "Aspheera is part of our history. But these other names... Treacherous Deceivers. This, I have never heard. But there is one who may know. Follow me."

He opens the door to reveal a library with many books and was very large. The ninja were amazed about this as they entered the library. Scales leads them to another Serpentine who was reading a book.

Scales: "This is Acidicus. He runs our library. He loves books. They wish to know about Aspheera and the Treacherous Deceivers."

Acidicus: "Aspheera... Who tried to overthrow King Mambo the Fifth. And the Treacherous Deceivers who betrayed her... *Gasps* yes... I know this tale."

He climbs up the ladder and grabs a book from the shelf.

Acidicus: "In the time of the First Spinjitzu Master, there was a truce between humans and Serpentine. Humans were forbidden to enter the valley of the Serpentine, and the Serpentine were forbidden from the human lands. By two wilful children disobeyed the law."

The picture showed (M/n) and the other Deceiver walking into the lands of the Serpentine.

Acidicus: "A boy and a girl went among the Serpentine and were caught. They would have been punished, but they were rescuef by a Serpentine girl. The Serpentine girl, the boy and girl became friends. But the boy and the girl were evil and corrupted the Serpentine girl. They turned her against her own king and was betrayed by them."

Cole: "Hey... Does that look familiar to anyone?"

Kai: "That's the scroll Aspheera stole from the museum."

Acidicus: "It is the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu."

Jay: "Oh, boy. I think I just realized who the other Treacherous Deceiver is."

Cole: "Who?"

Kai: "Yeah, spit it out."

Jay: "Ugh, think about it. Who is, like, super, super, super old, and is treacherous enough to befriend a snake and then betray her?"

Cole and Kai: "Garmadon!"

They all headed back to the Monastery to find Master Wu and (Y/n) in the meditating room. Master Wu was walking back and forth as (Y/n) tried to convince him that she can do this.

Jay: "There's an evil Serpentine sorceress called Aspheera attacking the city."

Kai: "Yeah, Garmadon betrayed her and locked her in a pyramid for a thousand years."

Jay: "And she is ticked off. She's not gonna stop until she finds him and (Y/n) because she thinks she is her mother!"

Master Wu: "She is not looking for Garmadon. She is looking... for me."

The room was silent for a few seconds before (Y/n) spoke up.

(Y/n): "I'm glad I already know this and I think I should... Leave."

Master Wu: "You're not ready to get it."

(Y/n): "Oh come the Fu-"

(A/n- I know this chapter is short but I have no idea how I can change it.)