●Chapter 36: Shintaro●

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

A normal day in the Monastery with the ninja but they aren't training like usual. They were working on keeping the place clean and fixing a few of their weapons. After what had happened many weeks ago with Aspheera's invasion, the Never-Realm, and Prime Empire, the Monastery was in a messy situation.

(Y/n) had her time off as her body was still having time to rest after being drained up while the others had to clean the Monastery. She was sitting down as she was wearing her normal clothes and not her gi. She looked like she was waiting for something to happen.

❁(Y/n)'s POV❁

The sound of a ticking timer was heard as I sat down on the counter. The timer rings as I put on my mittens as I open the oven and take out my cupcakes and set them on the counter. I turned around to the cabinet as I took out the frosting and the sprinkles and put it on the cupcakes. After I put them on, I put the extra sprinkles back as I started to clean up but when I turned around, 3 of my cupcakes were missing and I knew who did it.

I started to walk over to the living room as I knew where they would be since I was told in the morning. I opened the door to see Cole playing games and saw that he had two of my cupcakes.

(Y/n): "You really think you can steal them if I'm not looking?"

Cole just shrugged as he continued to play his game. He didn't even listen to me as he just ignored me. The doors opened behind me as I saw Lloyd walk in with a laundry basket on his hands.

Lloyd: "Is he seriously playing video games right now?"

(Y/n): "Yep. And he stole 3 of my cupcakes."

Cole: "It's my day off. Why wouldn't I be playing video games and taking a little snack?"

Lloyd: "We've been gone for weeks, Cole, and this Monastery won't clean itself! We've got laundry to do, leaves to rake, firewood to chop, and don't even get me started on repairing the sentry cannons outside the wall."

Cole: *Sighs* "That sounds like a lot of work. Sure you don't want to play you two?"

Lloyd: "Did you just hear me? Cole, we've got a ton to do and..."

Lloyd and I turned to the TV as we saw a familiar game that Cole was playing.

(Y/n): "Which game are you playing?"

Cole: "Prime Empire."

Lloyd and (Y/n): "What?"

Cole: "What 'what'? What's wrong?"

Lloyd: "Oh, nothing. Except we were just trapped inside that game and got cubed!"

(Y/n): "And it's also the reason why I was drained so much that my body hurts and I had to rest for so long! Even tho it's nice to have a break..."

Cole just looks at us and then turns to the chicken next to him then looks back at us.

Cole: "You two need to let go of the past. Anyway, it's totally safe. Unagami and Dyer worked out the kinks and it's really fun. Look, I gotta concentrate. Just about to beat this level."