♪Chapter 28: The Cliffs of Hysteria♪

❁(Y/n)'s POV❁

We continued our path as Okino dragged his katana to the ground. It was hard for him to see that his whole existence was just a lie in a game that he was created in.

Lloyd: "I'm worried about Okino. He took the news pretty hard."

Cole: "Wouldn't you? If you found out your whole world was nothing but a simulation? And you were part of it?"

Nya: "We gotta cheer him up."

Lloyd: "Yeah. Okay. Nobody say anything about Unagami or Prime Empire. Or the Keytana."

Kai: "What do we talk about?"

Lloyd: "Anything. Just keep it cheerful."

(Y/n): "Why do I feel like this isn't going to work?"

Cole: "Shut it before you jinx it."

We moved to the side as Okino walked past us as his katana was still being dragged to the floor. Jay ran over to him to make his first move.

Jay: "Uh, so, um, Okino. What do you do around here for fun anyway?"

Okino: "Fun is an illusion."

Cole: "Hey, how about that sky? Look at those clouds!"

Okino: "The clouds..."

He looks up as he stares at the clouds for a moment.

Okino: "Lies!"

Kai runs over to them as he pushes Cole out of the way.

Kai: "Say, Okino... How do you get a ninja to cross a road? You say, Ninja go! Get it?"

Okino: "There is no road. Only the nothingness is real."

Kai and Cole stopped in their tracks as Cole asked him about the joke that Kai just did. I walked over to Okino as I tried to think of something.

(Y/n): "Hey... Okino. I have an idea and I want to show you a skill that I picked out."

I pulled 3 balls out of my inventory as I started to throw them around in circles. I didn't work as Okino walked past me as the balls fell on my head.

(Y/n): "Ouch... I have terrible humor that I need to fix soon. And fast- oh my!"

Once I looked up, I saw a cliff right in front of me that was looking endless. To the side and side it was very endless. I believe that we have arrived at the Cliffs of Hysteria.

Kai: "Tell me those aren't the Cliffs of Hysteria."

Cole: "That's not a cliff. That looks like a wall that never ends!"

Nya: "Definitely not double-jumping up that thing."

Jay: "Yeah, Okino, I'm not sure I can climb that. And if I can't do it, these guys don't stand a chance."

Kai: "Oh, thanks, Jay."

Cole: "Honest but insulting."