♡Chapter 45: Uncharted♡

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

Just a normal day in the Monastery. Mostly. Many criminals escaped from Kryptarium prison last month and Lloyd was up all night looking for the criminals. (Y/n) had been doing research about her family but mostly nothing appeared. Her gem was the only thing that was connected to her family as she was researching. Right now, she is trying to figure it out as we speak.

❁(Y/n)'s POV❁

(Y/n): *sigh* "I don't get it. What's so important that this gem is connected to my family?"

All this time, I have found nothing about my family. I've been looking through many things that could be connected to my family but nothing. I even checked the scrolls that Master Wu has in his room since he wasn't around the Monastery right now. I sigh as I just grabbed my gem and put it back on my suit. I decided to go and ask Pixal about my family but as I passed through the halls, I saw everyone, including Pixal in the living room surrounding a person who looked fancy with a box in his hands.

Cecil: "Cecil Putnam, manager of the Explorer's Club. I regret to inform you that Misako Montgomery Garmadon's membership has been cancelled. Effective immediately. Here are items emptied from her club locker."

He gives the box to Lloyd as we were all confused.

Zane: "On what grounds?"

Cecil: "I'm afraid it's club policy. Whenever a member is missing and presumed lost at sea, the club revokes their membership."

(Y/n): "What!? What do you mean?"

Cecil: "Oh, there's no need for panic. Her position will be given to another worthy applicant. The club will prevail."

Lloyd didn't like was he was hearing as he throws the box to the ground.

Lloyd: "I'm not worried about the club! I'm worried about my mother and Master Wu! Where are they?"

Cecil: "She was leading an expedition with Professor Powers to attempt to navigate the storm belt and prove her theory about an uncharted island. But as we haven't heard from them in several weeks, the expedition is presumed lost."

Pixal: "The storm belt? What was she thinking?"

(Y/n): "What's the storm belt?"

•|Time skip|•

We all head to the base as Pixal answered my question that I asked about two minutes ago.

Pixal: "The storm belt is an area of the southern coast plagued by violent storms. Numerous ships and airplanes have gone missing in the region. It is considered very dangerous."

Zane: "To my knowledge, there is only one person ever to have emerged from the storm belt."

Pixal: "Correct. A man named Timothy Batterson. Batterson was part of a balloon tour which was blown off course. He claims it was blown into the storm belt and eventually crashed on an uncharted island."

Lloyd: "Pixal, ready the Bounty. Zane, pull up whatever information you have in this man. The rest of you, pack. We don't have a moment to lose."