Chapter 1: New School, New me

Ayanokoji Pov

The bus rode along the road as I sat in my seat. A girl with black hair was reading Crime and Punishment, a book I have read once or twice. I stared at the cover for a while as I thought about mundane things, like ice cream. The girl turned her head and gave me a sharp glare, and I lowered my eyes away from her.

Kiyotaka:'Damnit, she might think I am a pervert for staring at her. That might make this whole popularity thing hard.'

I had decided, by reading many books, and watching movies like High School Musical, that being popular can be quite helpful. Popularity might help me in case "that man" decides to come for me. With this in mind, I asked Matsuo, my butler, to help me train my skills. He taught me how to smile mesmerizingly, he taught me social skills, and his son, Eeichiro, taught me some basic slang and stuff like that.

Office Woman: "Hey, would you mind giving up your seat for this old woman?" An office lady said to a blonde hair boy, who wore my school uniform. The boy stared at his hand mirror while playing with his hair.
Narciccist-Kun: "Fufufu, Why should I give up my seat to this grandma?"The boy asked in an arrogant tone. '

Everyone: What kind of laugh did he just use, fufufu?!' Everyone on the bus thought that collectively.

The office lady and boy argued back and forth until a girl with short beige hair stood up.
Blonde Girl: "Um, I think you should give up your seat..." A third contender entered the ring, and I decided to end this cage fight before it became a screaming match. I raised my hand and stood up.

Kiyotaka: "You can have my seat!"I said, "sorry for not noticing before."

Old grannie: "Oh it's quite alright dear," the old woman said, "here, take this candy." She hands me a small candy, which I gratefully accept. The beige-haired girl from before approached me.

Kushida: thank you for offering your seat! I am Kushida Kikyo, it's a pleasure to meet you!" She smiled, and 99% of the male population would be mesmerized by it.

Kiyotaka:'Time to use my skills' "I am Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, it's nice to meet you!" I finish it off with a smile as Kushida blushes a bit and I hear whispering from people on the bus
Rando Girl: "EEP HE IS SO CUTE!"

Rando Boy: "DIE IKEMEN"

Rando Boy 2: "It should have been me, the great Yamauchi!"

Creepy Dude: "Kukuku, how interesting..."

Kushida and I began to discuss what we hope our school life will go like, we both said we wanted to make friends and all the such, until we walked out of the bus, staring at the massive stone walls of the school.
???: "WAIT"

Kushida & Ayanokoji: "Hm?"

???: "Why were you staring at me?"

Oh, she was the girl from the bus that was reading Crime and Punishment.
Kiyotaka: "Oh sorry, I saw the book you were reading and remembered reading it."

The girl began to walk away, simply not caring anymore.

Timeskip to Class

'So this is my class?' I opened the classroom door and walked to my seat in the back corner, the "protagonist seat" As students began to filter in, so did a boy with blonde hair who stood in front of the class

Hirata: "Seeing as we will be classmates for the next three years, we should introduce ourselves! I am Hirata Yosuke, I was in the soccer club in junior high, so I want to join the soccer club here, nice to meet you!" He finishes it off with a smile as several girls blush

'It seems that he is my first rival for popularity

Yamauchi: "I am Yamauchi Haruki, I played table tennis in elementary school, and in junior high, I played baseball and was number 4, but I got injured in inter-high! Nice to meet you, ladies."

'You have got to be kidding me.'

Ike: "I am Ike Kanji, and I am looking for a cute girlfriend!"

'Bruh'

Pepper: "Tch I am not doing this kiddy bullshit, leave me out of this

'He looks like the sporty type, he probably plays soccer or basketball'

Hirata: "Ah ok, well you in the back! It is your turn."

'Here goes nothing. This is my chance to kick-start my career

Kiyotaka: "Hello, I am Ayanokoji Kiyotaka! I like chess, piano, and calligraphy, and I used to do a lot of extracurriculars so I am confident in my abilities! It's nice to meet you all!" I end with a smile, and the girls blush and look at me with hungry eyes

Ike: "I HATE YOUUUUUUU."

Author's note:

Oh lord, that was kind of cringe. I get a pass cause this is my first fic, right? I will update when I can, I am not that busy but who knows, only time will tell. So I will see you next time I update

Goodbye for now