Chapter 5: Swimming With The Devil

Ayanokoji Pov

As the lunch bell rang, a few people approached. I had made a usual friend group with Sudo, Akito, and Haruka. A few other groups approached, but I could feel the fear of god as Chabashira-Sensei hovered behind me.

Chabashira: Ayanokoji-Kun, and Horikita-San, please report to the faculty office in 5 minutes.

I mentally sighed as I knew this appointment would take all of today's lunchtime. Horikita, however, seemed as if she was expecting this.

'Why do I have to do this?'

In the faculty office, Chabashira-Sensei was not here. The office was decently sized with 15 desks. If I had to guess, 12 were for the first through third-year teachers, one for each class, and four per year. I could guess the other three were maybe for a gym instructor and a substitute potentially.

???: Hm? And why are you two cute students here in the office? Are you Sakagami-San's students? Mmmm no, maybe Sae-Chan's? Yeah, definitely Sae-Chan's.

This woman had curly brown hair and a pink blouse with a black skirt. She held a notebook in her arms. She leaned in close. She slowly approached, like a predator closing in on its prey

Hoshinomya: Oh how rude of me! I am Hoshinomya Chie, the homeroom teacher of Class B. And I must say, you are quite cute!

Hoshinomya-Sensei approached me and got very close. I was very uncomfortable with her movements, and she seemed to enjoy that. She pointed her fingers at my body and traced it with her finger

Hoshinomya: Say...You are quite handsome. Are you perhaps...Ayanokoji Kiyotaka?

'You have got to be kidding me! This lady is crazy! Where are you Chabashira, I need help!'

Ayanokoji: Erm, yeah, I am. How did you figure that out?

Hoshinomya: Well, some of the cute girls in my class were talking about you and how handsome and smart you were. And you look handsome and smart, so I figured it was you!

Oh god, this lady's intuition is criminal. At this rate, she could outrank any students from that place by a mile. Horikita, help me!

SMACK

Chabashira: Chie-San, stop molesting my students! Honestly, how are you not in prison, much less even allowed within 100 ft of children

Hoshinomya: AWH C'MON SAE-CHAN! Your students are so cute! You gotta let me have them!

Chabashira: As a teacher, I have sworn to protect my students when able, and I will not put my students in harm's way by being near you more than they have to. Ayanokoji-Kun, Horikita-San, let's go.

'Oh, thank you Chabashira-Sensei. If there was a god on earth, it would be you!'

Chabashira: So Horikita-San, what did you wish to speak to me about?

Horikita: My placement in the lower classes! I scored well on my entrance exams I am sure. I made no mistakes in my interview. So, I demand the school place me in Class A or at LEAST Class B.

'Horikita has gone full Karen-Mode. I heard that it takes immense willpower to handle these monsters.'

Ayanokoji: I understand why Horikita-San is here, but why me?