Chapter 38: Challenge

Ayanokoji Pov
Ken: Kiyo, can I talk to you for a sec?

Everyone was packing up their equipment and talking about how tired they were. Ike was chugging back his fifth water bottle of the day. He had almost passed out and was sweating like a pig, so with all those lost fluids, he had to drink more. Koenji and Albert already left, leaving me and Ken.

Ayanokoji: Yeah, what do you need?

Ken: There are two reasons. I wanted to talk to you about the sports festival.

Ayanokoji: Mhm, how many events do you want to sign up for?

Ken: I was thinking, sign me up for six events, and I want to sign up for the Relay at the end. I want to show people how strong I am!

Ayanokoji: Right...what was the other thing?

Ken: Right, about that...you're close with Horikita right?

Here we go...

Ayanokoji: Haah, no not really. We aren't close like friends, more like acquaintances for the sake of the class, but what about?

Ken: Ah well then I guess you won't be able to answer this. But there's no point in not asking: What type of guy is she into?!

Ayanokoji: Hehe, right well she hasn't told me that. She isn't the type to worry about romance so I'm sorry dude but she is not interested...for now. Maybe when we reach Class A, she will tart caring.

Ken: Jeez that sounded harsh, but I get your point. I need to get my head in the game too, stop thinking about romance. I just can't get her out of my head. She helps em study a lot, she's smart, witty, and real pretty...

Ayanokoji: Hehe, not many people would peg you for the type to like Horikita. You know, a lot of people think you would like Onodera.

Ken turned his eyes to Onodera who was talking with some people. She was athletic like Ken, but had more reserve like Horikita. It was like she was the Dragon Ball fusion of Ken and Horikita.

Ken: Onodera? She's a nice girl, and we hang out some times. She just isn't my type. I've never really felt the way I feel for Horikita with anyone else. Most just keep their clear and disregard me as a delinquent. But everyone here is so chill, and they looked past my bluster. I used to shut it out and focus on playing basketball. I thought "Who needs friends when I have my ball. Who needs books and sheet". But Horikita showed me why I needed that.

Ayanokoji: Wow it's been a short time, and yet you have grown a lot. But I understand what you mean. I haven't felt that way for anyone either yet, and so far, I'm still searching. But I think when it happens, I'll realize it.

Ken: Trust me dude, you will realize it. And when it happens, I'll be here to talk to you about it. But seriously dude, you have your pick of any girl. I'm jealous of you, but only a bit.

Ayanokoji: Yeah. Well I've got nothing to do, want to go get a drink or something?

Ken: I would but I got practice sorry man.

Ayanokoji: Ok yeah that's fine. Oh yeah, I heard you have a tournament coming soon right? I'll be there with Haruka, Akito and the others, and we lol cheer you on!

Ken: Thanks dude, I'll see you later!

Ken ran off to practice and I checked my phone. It seems there are more rumors on the forums.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka extorted the Chairman to get into the school

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka is a fake.