Chapter 72: The Third Year Battlefield

Ayanokoji Pov
Wandering the school halls was a nice experience. I had just had lunch with some of my classmates and was walking around the halls for no reason, no goal in mind. It was quiet in the hall and the only thing I could hear was my feet on the floor and the occasional gust of wind as the sound would echo through my mind.

I reached a corner where saw a storage closet to my right. I was about to walk away when I heard a clatter from inside the closet. It sounded like a broom fell over and hit something else causing that to fall over in a chain reaction. I slowly turned my head and approached the closet. I could hear the things that fell over were being put back into place and something else shuffle towards the door.

I looked around but there was nowhere for me to hide in this empty hallway. I could run but the person inside could hear me and see me running. I resolved to sit against the wall and see who or what came out. The door opened and a Third Year I knew quite well stepped out.

Tachibana: Ayanokoji? What are you doing here?

Kiyotaka: Tachibana-Senpai, this is a public hall y'know.

Tachibana: Well yeah I guess. What I meant is why are you walking around, shouldn't you be eating lunch?

Kiyotaka: I could ask you the same thing.

Tachibana: I already ate my lunch.

Kiyotaka: In a storage closet?

Tachibana: Yeah. I was talking to someone about class matters over the phone and I was eating lunch so I went into the closet. I just finished the call which is why I left.

Kiyotaka: Ok. See ya around.

I couldn't tell her I heard no speaking from inside the closet because then she would know I was eavesdropping. I noticed her cheeks were red and puffy like she was just crying and her eyes were red. I might talk to Elderkita about it, perhaps he would know. After all, there really isn't much to worry about primarily with the talent show since the only strategy is making sure the class is efficient. I wouldn't mind asking Elderkita and maybe he could help Tachibana with whatever she is going through.

I continued back to the classroom and sat down as our next teacher walked in for the next period. The class was going to practice talents after school in the auditorium but we needed to be fast to make sure the other classes wouldn't take it before we could get there.

Timeskip

The class has arrived a few minutes after the bell rang and we were all happy to see no other class had gotten here yet. We began to get the things we needed ready. Ken was getting some basketballs, Akito his archery equipment, etc. As I was getting a keyboard out I heard a loud groan from the back of the auditorium.

???: Ah fuck they got here first!

I peeked my head from behind the corner and saw Class A in the back of the auditorium standing by the doors with annoyed looks on their faces. Yahiko was the one who shouted about it and Katsuragi gave him an annoyed look.

Ike: Sorry losers we got here first!

Yamauchi: Suck it dweebs!

Yamauchi and Ike sneered at the newcomers and everyone else all rolled their eyes, including us in Class B.

Sakayanagi: I didn't know clowns had to practice, I thought they just knew what they're doing.

Hashimoto: Yeah when I go to a circus they don't rehearse in front of me!