Chapter 73: Fallen Down

Kiyotaka Pov
It was the day after I talked to Elderkita and everything was going smooth. I talked to people, sat bored in my classes, etc. Now I had to preform my student council duties. We hadn't met up in awhile so we were going to be having a meeting now. Nagumo had refused to tell us what it was actually for, instead saying it was important and necessary for all of us.

I had rounded a certain corner when I heard the sound of something falling in front of me. I looked down and saw Yamauchi bending over someone. I saw a cane on the ground to the side and instantly connected the dots: Sakayanagi.

Kiyotaka: Sakayanagi? Yamauchi? What happened here?

Yamauchi: Oh hey Koji. I was just uh walking around and I walked into S-Sakayanagi-Chan.

I chuckled out loud (if only I could truly) and walked over to the two of them while Yamauchi began to help Sakayanagi up.

Sakayanagi: Thank you Yamauchi-Kun.

Sakayanagi wrapped her small hands around Yamauchi's hand and leaned close in. She threw herself onto his chest and I saw her look up at him with an embarrassed look. Yamauchi turned his eyes away from the embarrassed version of Sakayanagi.

Sakayanagi: Oh sorry I tripped while getting up.

Yamauchi: Oh haha, it's fine Sakayanagi-Chan.

Yamauchi let her stand up before walking away from the two of us with a smile on his face. Meanwhile Sakayanagi turned her eyes to me and I dropped my facade for her.

Sakayanagi: Where are you heading to? I thought you would be out with your "friends?"

Kiyotaka: No, I have student council duties. 

Sakayanagi: How unfortunate. 

Kiyotaka: It's not too bad if I shut off my mind.

Sakayanagi: Ichinose-San joined the student council a little bit ago, right?

Kiyotaka: Yeah, she did join.

Sakayanagi: I could have sworn she got rejected though, so I wonder if Nagumo-Senpai taking control has anything to do with her new admission.

Kiyotaka: Yes, she was rejected from the council, but right after Horikita-Senpai resigned and Nagumo-Senpai taking control he added Ichinose to the student council.

Sakayanagi: I wonder why he accepted her though.  If she was rejected before, that same reason would also be the same to reject her now right? 

Kiyotaka: Are you saying she had to give him something in return?  If so, that's certainly a plausible explanation but I wonder what she could have given him.

Sakayanagi: Well she is the bank of her class, so it would make sense. 

Kiyotaka: The bank...?

Sakayanagi: Yes her Class entrusts a certain amount of points from their allowance into her account for emergency purposes.  I wonder if she used those funds to bribe Nagumo-Senpai.

Kiyotaka: I doubt she would be able to give him any amount of money, after all, he has one of the highest point counts in the second year, perhaps even the whole school.

Sakayanagi: I assume there would be a contract in place with many others to ensure a constant point flow to his own account. 

Kiyotaka: Then they must be unable to tell people.  I've never heard of such a contracts existence besides rumors with no concrete evidence, so many have ignored them as rumors.