Chapter 31: What Now

20/3/16 Evening Dorm Lounge

I was sitting on the single lounge chair, filling out my registration form for Yasogami High School in Inaba. Shinjiro was sitting on the other couch watching some cooking show that seemed interesting, but I was mainly focusing on filling out this form. Days prior I called my mother and asked her if she could call Dojima and ask him if I could stay at his place. My mother was surprised and reluctant at first, but after I told her the whole story about Minato, she understood and called Dojima. After a little bit, my mother called back, saying that he would be fine with it as long as I behaved. As I was filling out the form, I heard footsteps behind me.

Mitsuru: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "Well, many things, but it's easier if you just see yourself."

I tilt my screen more back so she could read the website I was on.

Mitsuru: "Your moving... to Inaba."

This seemed to gain Shinjiro's attention as well.

Y/N: "Let's gather the others, then I'll explain."

Mitsuru nodded, pulling out her phone in the process, and messaged everyone. After a couple of minutes, everyone gathered in the lounge.

Junpei: "What's the purpose of this Mitsuru."

Mitsuru: "Well, Y/N has something he would like to announce."

Y/N: "Um... I won't be here next year."

Hamuko: "What!? Why?"

Y/N: "Well... I'm going to live in Inaba for the foreseeable future."

Fuuka: "Why, though?"

Shinjiro: "Something to do with S/N I presume."

Y/N: "Yeah."

Junpei: "Who's S/N?"

Yukari: "Why are they so important?"

Mitsuru tilts her head down.

Y/N: "She's my older sister... She went missing the last time we stayed at Inaba. She was presumed dead, but I got new info that she is still alive, so I want to try and find her."

Akihiko: "I see. When are you leaving?"

Y/N: "The twenty-eighth. I'll be going to Tokyo for work-related reasons. Stay there for a couple of days. Then, on the eleventh, I go to Inaba."

Hamuko: "So soon."

Y/N: "Well, it's the best time I could work out."

Mitsuru: "I think I can say this for everyone, but we understand where you're coming from, and if you need any help, we'll be there."

Everyone nods in agreement with Mitsuru, all but one. Hamuko, who is just looking at her feet, is seemingly sad at the news.

Junpei: "If you ever need someone to talk to, just give me a call. Though I might not always be able to answer."

Fuuka: "Please don't lose contact with us."

Ken: "I might call if I need help with school."

Akihiko: "If you get too alone, I'm always free for a spar."

Yukari: "If anything bad happens, I'll be there in a flash."

Aigis: "I will always be at your assistance."

Shinjiro: "Tell me if you need anything."

Koromaru just barks.

Y/N: "Am I leaving now? It's only the twentieth. You still got us for eight more days."