Chapter 1: Welcome

3rd Person

A train slowly comes to a stop at a station to then reveal the conductor announcing that the train has arrived at Iwatodai station. The clock shows the station showing 12pm 10th of January 2015, the doors open to then see a boy with H/C, E/C, and a duffle bag walk out.

Y/N POV

I walked out of the train and sighed "it's good to be back." I reached my hand into my pocket and pulled out a piece of paper that has the address I'll be staying at. "Iwatodai dorm, so that's where you are staying." I put the paper back in my pocket and looked up and put my headphones on and started walking. After walking across the road I noticed the obvious "God that's a lot of bikes." While saying that I hear a voice behind me.

"Yes it is but you can't really blame them because you don't really need a car here." His voice sounded old and familiar to me. When I turned around and saw who was talking to me with a smile plastered on my face I put Headphones on my shoulders.

"Bunkichi! It's good to see you again." Bunkichi chuckled at my surprise and awestruck reaction, "How everything is everything? Is the business good or did you retire? How's your wife?" I stop for a second then I realise that I was asking too many questions. "Sorry about that, it's just that I'm excited to see you again, it's been too long."

Bunkichi smiled at my reaction then said "It's good to see you too, but may I ask why you're here?"

"I'm here to finish my last years of school, so get used to seeing me." I replied "also do you know which way leads to the Iwatodai dorms?"

"That's good and it will be good seeing you again." Bunkichi stops for a couple of seconds and says, "go left towards Bookworms, then take a right, then take another left across the road and keep going forward, and you should be there." He then stops again and chuckles.

"What's so funny, is there a joke I don't understand?" I questioned

"No, I'm just thinking what Mitsuko's reaction would be." He smiled at me and then mentioned "You should come to the shop, I still need to return that book to you." It took a moment for you to realise what he said about the book then a chuckle can be heard coming out of your mouth.

"You don't need to give it back to me, I'm surprised you didn't sell it." I stated

"I couldn't sell a gift from you. I would feel horrible about myself and I read the book enough times, so I insist on giving it back to you." The way he pronounced that sentence was with so much pride in his voice I couldn't say no.

"Ok I'll come back tomorrow, and get the book and talk to you and Mitsuko." I sighed then I heard him laugh and smiled at me then he walked back to Bookworms to continue managing the shop. "Ok, go left, then take a right, then take another left across the road and keep going forward." I sighed again then I took out my phone then marked what Bunkichi said then I pronounced "Bloody hell I need to finish that before I get lost." I look around and notice no one around my age was around, "Odd it's Saturday ain't it I thought I'll see someone my age." I shrug thinking it was nothing and put my headphones on as I walk to the dorm.

Time skip in front of the dorm

I look up to see the dorm in front of me "Those are some large and fancy doors this has to be the dorm." I walk closer to the door and open it to see it to be pitch black. "Hello is anyone here!" I exclaimed while turning on the lights. I look around the dorm "Yeah this is up her alley." I said out loud.

"I've been waiting for you." I look around to see no one on eye-level then I look down to see a boy in front of me holding a red notebook. I was shocked then he said "please now if you want to proceed, please sign your name there. It's a contract. Don't worry, all it says is that you'll accept full responsibility for your actions. you know the usual stuff." I gave a simple nod that I would sign the contract. He then hands you the contract.