Chapter 28: The Truth

The magician arcana increased to level eight after the battle against Takaya and Jin.

23/11/15 evening dorm lounge

Everyone was gathered around the dorm's table waiting for Junpei to arrive. As the sound of footsteps coming from the stairs behind us, we all tense up not knowing what is going to unfold. As Junpei walks over we all look at him with regretful eyes.

Junpei: "So, whaddya want?"

Mitsuru then slides a sketchbook over to Junpei.

Mitsuru: "This arrived from the hospital this morning. 

Junpei: "That's..."

Mitsuru: "They were going through her items when they found that. It seemed right that you should keep it, Iori."

Junpei: "I know I have to snap out of this, but it's so hard..."

I then pat his shoulder and give him a small pat.

Y/N: "Hang in there."

Junpei nods and picks up Chidori's sketchbook, but doesn't open it.

Junpei: "These are Chidori's drawings."

Minato: "What did she draw?"

Junpei: "Stuff you probably won't be able to identify. She drew stuff that no one could comprehend."

Junpei finally gains the courage and opens to the first page. The first page consisted of an amazing pencil drawing of Junpei's upper torso and face in excruciating detail. It took everyone by surprise.

Hamuko: "It's beautiful."

Yukari: "What's so hard to comprehend? You can identify this one easily!"

Fuuka: "Really, what a wonderful portrait!"

Yukari: "It's a tad too flattering, though."

Junpei: "I... I know things ended up like this, but there's one thing I can say. I'm glad I met Chidori. And I'm glad... I fell in love with her."

Junpei then wipes the tears forming in his eyes.

A small smile is plastered onto my face as Junpei says that.

Arcana: 'Thou aren't I... And I am thou... Thou hast increase their bond... It brings thou closer to the truth... Thou hast increased the Magician arcana to their ninth level.'  

Time skip 25/11/15 evening

I was sitting in my room doing some work when I heard a knock coming on the door. I get up from my chair and open the door, revealing Ken.

Y/N: "Hey, Ken."

Ken: "Hello, Y/N. Can I come in?"

Y/N: "Sure."

I move to the side and let in. I shut the door and I sit down on my chair at my desk, while Ken sits on my other chair. 

Y/N: "What do you want to talk about?"

Ken: "I... Um... was just wondering if I could... have some advice."

Y/N: "Haven't I told you I'm always open for that kind of stuff."

Ken: "Y-Yes. I was-"

Y/N: "Being polite I know. I was just being an asshole. Sorry."

Ken: "It's alright. I was just wondering about how to help someone, who is going through something?"

Y/N: "Why are you asking for this?"

Ken: "Um... It's for a classmate at school."

I then flip my chair to the front of my desk to rest my elbows on the desk and rest my head in my hands.