CHAPTER 36: Welcome back

PREVIOUSLY ON WITS....

"It's fine baby. I hope this was your wish because this would be so awkward". Candice let out a little laugh and so did the others before the lights came back on.

Venice, still so confused, looked around finally happy to see the light back on but paused at one particular spot.

She squinted her eyes and her little brows came together in concentration before it finally clicked and her eyes widened.

"AUNT Ri ri ?!"

*******

PRESENTLY....

RIELE'S POV

Little Vee was the cutest child on the planet and I promise I wasn't even being biased.

I was by their mini bar sipping my drink as I watched her run around playing with her friends and couldn't help but sigh dreamily.

"She has that effect on everyone". I turned to the voice seeing it was Nathan standing behind me and I smiled teasingly.

"Look at you. All daddy like".

He laughed and hugged me.

"How I've missed you Riele". I laughed as we pulled away from each other.

"Oh really? I definitely couldn't tell from the tight hold I just suffered from".

His laughter increased and he was definitely going to say something else when I noticed he was staring not at me but something or perhaps someone behind me.

I knew this scene all too well and I rehearsed it but guess what??

I'M NOT READY!!!!.

I started panicking in my head. I wasn't ready to confront him just yet. Oh God, are we back to this? I pray I don't look as conflicted as I was internally.

"Cat girl?".

I was mid spin but as soon as I knew it wasn't who I feared to see, I did the rest spin faster than I started.

"Oh hi jerkface". I smiled genuinely, I actually did miss his troubles.

He laughed "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were happy to see me?".

He wasn't his cocky self. He genuinely questioned in surprise. I can't blame him though, I rarely send nice smiles his way.

"Actually" I drawled in a suspenseful manner, "I'm as surprised as you are, cause I think I am".

He looked a little shocked before giving a breathtaking smile. He had a beautiful smile and Yes I am complimenting him without a cringe.

"Let's keep this between us cause I did too". He admitted and I smiled wider.

"Keep what between us?" I feigned confusion and he winked in reply.

A clearing of the throat got us turning back to where Nathan was standing behind me.

"Yes it's I Nathan, I am definitely not invincible".

"Oh stop being such a needy baby, babe". Candice chastised Nathan coming to stand beside him.

The girls eventually came around and we looked at each other for the longest minute before we hugged the life out of each other.

Paint the picture however you want it, I also didn't know how five of us were currently hugging.

"Oh my God look at you!" Mia exclaimed.

"She's totally on a whole new level of glow" Vanny butted in.