CHAPTER ONE: Thoughts of the past

RIELE'S POV

How the hell am I stuck in traffic on a weekend?. I'm pretty sure not everyone is going to the grocery store as I currently am. Shouldn't they like be in bed?.

"Hey move it!!".

A yelling behind me caught my attention followed by the continuous blaring of a horn.

Realizing I had gotten lost in thought, I looked forward to notice the cars in front of me had moved out and I was now the one creating the traffic.

"Shit!" I muttered stepping on the gas.

The grocery was not so packed and I thanked God for that. Last thing I needed was a difficult time moving around. That and the fact I don't do too well with large crowds.

I busied myself with what I needed at home. Throwing them inside the shopping basket I had picked up by the entrance.

The ringing of my phone stopped my actions as I picked it up using my shoulder to hold it up to my ear while I resumed shopping.

"Riele! Are you up for clubbing tonight?".

"Hello to you too Vanny". I rolled my eyes even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Yeah yeah whatever" she replied and repeated her earlier question.

I could stay here and argue with her on how to begin a call or I could just accept it. Choosing the latter, because I'd only be giving myself a headache if I started an argument with her.

I was a little skeptical of her question but I couldn't hide out in my house forever reading books and getting lost in thoughts.

'of him'.

I shut my eyes tightly at the comment from my subconscious. Definitely going to be needing this outing.

"Alright" I replied.

"Okay!. We'll all meet up at the location I'm sending right now to you with the time. Bye!"

I was about to say something when I smacked right into something hard.

My phone fell down along with the basket I was holding and I made a quick move to pick it up.

A pair of hands made it down the same time mine did and I finally looked up at the something or rather someone I had ran into.

"Hi" he smiled charmingly and I stared shamelessly at his beauty and perfect dentition.

Bad bad Riele, look away now!.

The voice in my head cautioning me didn't work till I heard him clear his throat.

I quickly looked down, picking up my stuff and hoping my red hair would cover the blush I knew was making its way to my cheeks.

Well That was embarrassing.

"Here you go" He stretched out his hand to me. Looking at it I saw it was a box of sanitary pad and I suddenly wished there was a hole to throw myself in.

"Uh th...thank you". Why was this man so beautiful?. I never stuttered.

"You're welcome" , his pearly whites still on display and I wondered for a moment if his mouth didn't hurt from smiling so much.

"I'm Tyler" he stretched out a hand and I shook it nodding.

He kept looking at me expectantly and I raised a brow questioningly.

"You are?".

Oh my name!.

"I'm Riele. Bye now"

I tried stepping around him to leave but he caught a hold of my hand.

I looked at his hands and back up at him. He immediately let go apologizing.

"Sorry I uh" he scratched the back of his neck and all I could think of was CUTE.

"I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out sometime?" He looked nervous now and I felt better that he did. Gone were minutes ago when I was the nervous one.

"It's just that I have been watching you since you came into the mall and I just felt I should uh...."

He paused probably not knowing the words to use. Enjoying this whole exchange way too much I encouraged with a nod of my head for him to continue.

"I was wondering if we could just sit at some place and you tell me a little about_____"

"About myself?" I interrupted before he could complete that statement cause damn I freaking hated that line. He looked taken aback by my sharp tone.

That statement of his was all it took to snap me back to my senses.

What was I doing in the first place standing here and talking to him like I was interested in what he wanted to serve?

"Look, I wouldn't want someone wasting my time so I'll do the same for you". I released a breath and continued. This is something I always do, so it shouldn't be that hard but with Tyler I actually felt some kind of guilt ?. He seemed like a nice guy

'don't they all?'.

Agreeing with my subconscious I faced the matter at hand.

"We both know where this conversation is headed and I might sound rude but truth is I don't have time for all this and I'm really sorry but I have to leave" he looked hurt after my statement but I really didn't give a fuck about it .

"Wow" he seemed confused. "I didn't mean to upset you, I just wanted to get to know you but...." I didn't let him finish his statement before holding up a hand to silence him.

"I really don't wanna know" I left him there looking completely dumbfounded

I know it might seem like I got some personality disorder right now. One minute I'm gawking at his pretty face and the next I'm being a bitch. Don't get me wrong he's cute and all but I don't need things like that in my life right now. Couldn't he have just helped pick up my groceries and leave?. I wasn't Interested in whatever he was offering. I was never going to allow myself to fall for that shit. Never again.

I made my way to the counter and paid for the stuff I bought leaving the mall in a rush.

Thoughts of the past had begun to flood my head and I couldn't help but wonder if it would ever stop. It was becoming too much and I never liked the way it made me feel.

I hit the accelerator picking up an unusual speed that I knew could be dangerous if I didn't control it well.

It was just who I was. Once I feel a little panick or my anxiety kicks in, my sense of reasoning just tends to fly out the window.

Now more than ever I was glad to be going to the club tonight. I needed to clear my head and rid my thoughts of HIM. Well as much thoughts as I could clear.

********************AUTHOR'S NOTE
So what do you think about the first chapter??
Please let me know in the comment section

Btw I'll be updating everyday because this is already a complete story so don't worry about me having a writer's block or leaving you all hanging.

For today I'm doing a triple update. Enjoy

Please do well to vote🥺🙏