Chapter 22: Deals and relationships

Previously on written in the stars....

I didn't reply and just entered my house dialing the number I probably should have dialed since.

If this was the only way to protect my heart then I'm doing it.

"Hello".

I heard his voice speak through the phone and I almost chickened out.

******

Presently.....

I have never been more scared and at the same time annoyed of a decision like I was this one.

Here I was seated in jerkface's office as he laughed like I told a joke of the century.

Why did I consider this again?

At that moment my phone rang, signaling a call from the problem that led to all this and it felt like that was the answer to the question I just asked myself.

Rejecting the call and putting my phone on 'do not disturb' I turned back to a not surprisingly still laughing jerkface.

"You're being ridiculous right now".

"Am I?" He replied and resumed his laughter.

Knowing whatever I say would probably lead to another laughing fit from him, I kept my mouth shut allowing him to act like the jerk he was. I could have snapped or insulted him but I was the one looking for something and right now he was the only one that could help so I'll allow him to enjoy this.

Clearing his throat and wiping an imaginary tear he finally stopped laughing , although he still looked amused.

"So you're telling me to be your boyfriend?"

"I. said. Act!" I gritted out reigning in my annoyance. How I'm supposed to play this role with such moron is beyond me.

He looked more amused by my reply and I hoped he wouldn't start laughing again.

"And why would I want to do that?"

I thought for a moment and came up with nothing so I settled with

"Because you're a nice person?".

Even I knew that was trash.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd there goes another round of laughter.

At this point I was almost done. I was hanging by the last and tiniest thread.

After taking his precious time laughing, he finally looked at me with confusion.

"You actually look in need of this rubbish. Why?"

"Well would you do it ?"

"I asked you a question first"

"What exactly is the guarantee that I tell you and you won't still reject my proposal?. Give me an answer and I'd tell you what you want to know"

I definitely wouldn't keep the reason away from him. After all, he had to know what or who we are against but I'm only telling him if he agrees. Can't have everyone knowing my business if you aren't involved.

Relaxing in his chair he studied me and I made sure not to give anything away.

'it's not like the details of the reason for the plan is written on your face Riele'

So you say girl, so you say.

"So?..." I asked impatiently.

"So what?"